In the last few weeks, we’ve had some low life scum visit RideCBR.com. This person is trying to cause havoc and harm to our community. The way the person is trying to affect our community is fairly easy to stop. They are using email manipulation to make emails look like they are coming from RideCBR.com asking to change your password to another password, or to give up your password to them via email.
Here are some tips to prevent anything happening to your account:
1. NEVER give your password to anyone, at any time. Ever.
2. Never change your password because someone told you to.
3. Make sure the email account you use has a complicated password that is harder to guess.
4. Any and all notifications from RideCBR.com will be sent to you via email, but are just notifications, no action is required on any notification you are sent via your email. Any email asking for you to send back anything, is fake.
5. All messages, notifications, or notices from any Staff member (@admin, @bambam, @dubv) will be sent through the RideCBR.com Private Message system. We will not email you.. we will PM you. PMs are far more secure than email.
These tips are tailored to RideCBR.com but on any social media network, forum, website, community, chat room, or email you should take steps to protect your information and your accounts. We are an open social network, so we have to deal with scum from time to time.
The only way he can cause harm to our community, is if he manually signs up (we are monitoring and banning as he signs up) or if he gets access to your email and changes your password through your email.
Please PM me or email me at admin (@) ridecbr (.) com to report anything going forward.