07 coolant reservoir fit 04 farings?

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions 07 coolant reservoir fit 04 farings?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of darryld darryld 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of darryld
    darryld
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I have an 04 frame and 07 engine and everything else and didn’t have any plastics just bought some 04 farings. I wanted to see if anyone know if the 04 farings will work with the 07 coolant resevoir?

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Which model bike and parts?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

According to Honda 04-05 fairings do not fit on the 06-07 models. According to various forum topics across the interwebs, there are several people that made them fit with modifications.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You need to change the coolant bottle or relocate it. Lower needs to be trimmed due to 04-05 header spacing. Plus you may need the middle fairing brackets.. they look different from 05-06. I think there is a write up somewhere online, i’ll see if I can find it.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Or don’t cut the fairings, but get a different radiator.. the 05 is bigger than 06.

Profile photo of darryld
    darryld
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I’m still using 04 farings so i should just need new coolant resevoir right? Maybe brakets depending on what I’ve got.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Your radiator is bigger than 06+.. will need to cut the fairings a bit for it to fit.. you will also need to get a new coolant res bottle, mid fairing mount. Might be something else but I think the ECU, etc all fits.

Profile photo of darryld
    darryld
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I have 06-07 radiator and coolant resevoir. My ecu is where the 07 is just my frame and maybe a few thing are 04. Frankinstine!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That’s crazy. Post up some pics when you’re done, curious if it all comes together well.

Profile photo of darryld
    darryld
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Yea i deff will post pics. That’s how i bought the bike. After i was fixing missing pieces and servicing the bike i started to realize what it had. This is my first Fireblade!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That’s crazy. Hopefully you didn’t pay for an 06 and got a 04. Either way, post up if you need any help with it.

Profile photo of darryld
    darryld
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Finally finished the fireblade today. I did have to switch out the coolent res, no big deal. But here’s a before and after pic.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.