1,000 miles in 24 hours:)

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse 1,000 miles in 24 hours:)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Finally did my first SaddleSore 1000. It was actually pretty easy. Made it well withing 24 hours, even after spending 3 hours at my sister’s house at the halfway point. I couldn’t imagine trying this on my F4i. As great as it was, a CBR is not a long distance hwy bike. Here’s a pic of my rear tire afterwards….lasted just under 9,000 miles.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

F4i ergo’s are full out touring bike compared to the 954 which I rode east coast to west coast round trip once. Never did 1k miles in 24 hours, although did 400 miles per day a couple of times so it was close. All that said I would probably never do that again as you’re right that no cbr was intended for long distance. After that trip I was sore all over for over a week. 9k seems a bit low for a touring bike tire. Was it new at start?

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I got that rear tire mounted new in April. I did alot of riding when air temps were in the 90s, so I’m pretty sure it wore the tire down faster than normal…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.