20 year drought

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions 20 year drought

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coolvirgo
    coolvirgo
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hi , everyone. I have just purchased a 1996 CBR1000F 59000km in great original condition about a month ago. Paid A$2500 for it. I’ll post piccys a bit later as I’m half way through replacing chain and sprockets right now. This is my first big road bike for 20 years but rode for 30 years before that. Getting on this thing was like coming home. What a great ride and it’s funny how you never lose it. Can’t believe I waited this long. Didn’t realize how much bikes are a part of who I am. Great what a blast down the road around 200kph and some tight bends to keep the chicken strips from happening does for the soul. We all know there is just nothing else to compare. Bugger that our roads not good enough for faster.

KTM 520EXCR to scare the crap out of me, CBR1000F to get high & a younger woman for the cold nights.

Profile photo of conrice
    conrice
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Im glad you found the forum and your way back to two wheels!

Welcome

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to the forum.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome!

How did you manage 20 years without a bike?

coolvirgo
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Good question. Raising kids and then ill for nearly a decade. Won’t bore you with the details. Once life got great again found myself a great woman, ten years younger than me, have more energy and better health than I can ever remember. The CBR fell into my lap on a local facebook bidding site and I was the only bidder. Best thing I ever did and I should never have given up the bikes. Once they are part of you it’s for life. Man I just love riding this thing, every day.
    Off on a 140km round trip to a mates place after I post this.

I also have a cool 4WD.

So, cool 4WD + KTM 520 enduro racer + CBR1000F + sexy woman = yes you can be a kid again and have an awesome time doing irresponsible fun stuff.

No limits. Think young and you stay young.

Thanks for the welcome – It looks like a great site.

KTM 520EXCR to scare the crap out of me, CBR1000F to get high & a younger woman for the cold nights.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@coolvirgo good to hear your doing well and found your way. My grandfather had the same mentality, passing that on to my father and me. I will always be a kid at heart and my 2 daughters solidify it even further. My wife teases me that she is raising 3 kids. Welcome and keep us posted on your adventures!

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hello David and welcome to the forum :)

You are right, you have to stay interested in life and happy … the rest then just kinda follows :)

I see you also live in Bunbury… I am in Bunbury too, but in the UK and right by our beautiful canal system here :-)

Enjoy the forums and take care on the bike!! :-)

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

coolvirgo
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hi Jules and thank you. I actually live at Crooked Brook, about 35km SSE of Bunbury on a 40acre property. No-ones really heard of it so I usually just nominate Bunbury. It’s very pretty here too.

This is what I wake up to every morning.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to the site , Welcome back to riding and younger women.
    KTM’s rock (ive wanted a ktm moto-x style bike for a while).
    Cool list of toys brother ,what kind of 4×4? bring us the pics!

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

welcome! :hi: lets see them rides!!!

Profile photo of roqet
    roqet
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Welcome!

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome from the Philippines/Abu Dhabi lol. Live in Phili, work in Abu Dhabi. Ride safe and share those pics, we all love seeing what makes others move. I must admit also it is great being married to a younger wife, but mine is 20 years younger then me 8-O We will be having mine and her first baby in March. Yes 47 and no children yet. Its a great feeling to have a son on the way. I am already planning his motorcycles that he will grow up riding. Cant wait for the days we can do a father son rides together will be GREAT DAY!!!

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of 01cbr600f4i
    01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Welcome to the forum!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to the RideCBR Family @coolvirgo

Thanks for joining. Post up any questions. Enjoy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.