2002 CBR 600 F4i Mods

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads 2002 CBR 600 F4i Mods

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kennmcook kennmcook 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kennmcook
    kennmcook
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I started modding my bike a couple years ago. Seems that you can live with a lot, opposed to missing riding season. lol.

Slowly getting back on track….
    The *garbage* “LED integrated mirrors” were removed and replaced with some metal CNCed mirrors. The problems that I had with the previous mirrors… 1) the “headphone-thick” wires. Removing the mirrors a couple times and it now had a magic spot to work. 2) The LED lights were not bright. You could see them in the dead-of-night with no opposing headlights. 3) Any thing over 45MPH and I constantly had to adjust them back out. I would watch the allen-wrench bend trying to tighten them and I basically just stopped using them as mirrors. 4) The slotted holes were off and it was always a kludge to mount and unmount them.

Installed MORE front lighting. I used LED strip lights between the headlights and air-intake as turn signals (along with the 3/4″ flush mount amber LEDs on the side). Soldered in diodes for both turn signal wiring (for the dual element bulb not both sides of the bike – lol). That powers the LEDs I added to light up the air-intake. They are normally on and flash when the turn is activated.

I have the side fairings off and I’m replacing the “body” lights. Heat killed half of the other ones. Hopefully, I can wrap up the body lighting and tidy up the rear tonight (this week).

I’ll post more pictures as I go.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@kennmcook are those leds inside the air intakes?

kennmcook
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@theredrocket There is one LED strip light around the very front, inside the air-intake and there are some flush mount “DRL” lights installed and silicone sealed about 3″ back from that. I didn’t take a picture of it before the front fairing went back on. That is done on both sides.

kennmcook
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

These are the ones that I installed. They are top mounted and shine down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.