A quick history of the CBR600F2.

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse A quick history of the CBR600F2.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jules jules 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of starlightrr
    starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I found this short but interesting article on the history of the CBR600, notably the F2 model which some here might find intetresting :)

http://classic-motorbikes.net/honda-cbr600f/

Profile photo of pacemaker
    pacemaker
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

This one appeared in 2009. It’s another good article on how great the 600 are. Proudly my own F3 appears in the article. I no longer have this bike & I occasionally regret it. If I could have, I would have kept it rather than having to trade.

http://www.sportrider.com/sportbike-news/great-sportbikes-past-1991-1998-honda-cbr600f2-f3-birth-domination

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I still miss my F3 :cry: My RR is a ton of fun but the F3 was great for spirited rides through the twisties and long straight hails too. My RR makes me sore pretty quick if I am riding a stright line for too long. Nice finds on the articles you two!

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@TheRedRocket said:
    I still miss my F3 :cry: My RR is a ton of fun but the F3 was great for spirited rides through the twisties and long straight hails too. My RR makes me sore pretty quick if I am riding a stright line for too long. Nice finds on the articles you two!

I always found my RR almost as comfortable as my F3. Mine is a 2008 RR8 though and I heard they were more comfortable than earlier incarnations…not sure why, whether it’s the saddle or other ergonomics.

One thing I do like on the F3 is the far plusher and bigger cockpit area with it’s proper bike clocks and white faced rev counter. I’m not a fan of digital clocks.

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.