Account Hacked.

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Account Hacked.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have just been informed some of my accounts have been hacked … if anyone gets any abusive or lurid emails or messages from me, it’s really NOT from me!!

This seems to happen every year or two, people get really upset with me and I’m not sure how or what I can do about it :(

A friend has told me I just sent them a death threat from my email account … also Woo545 informed me my facebook account is now trying to sell people boots?? :WTF:

I managed to get back into Facebook and put in a new email and change the password … if anyone gets anymore spam, or threats, let me know and I will disable the account.

@admin if this account gets compromised please feel free to obliterate me off the face of the forum without a second thought. I’m really fed up with this…

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hey @jules. I saw that your facebook has some spam on it.. not sure how people keep getting into your email account to make changes or do anything. I’ve never had that happen. I haven’t seen anything here, everything looks good. Let me know if anyone gets any spam or anything here.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Just requests for password changes…. over and over.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was just about to post that I’m not sure if my actual email is compromised or not, when I just got a message from my very own account saying I’m a dead woman walking if I ever post on RideCBR again … it’s time to get in touch with Gmail and Facebook.

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I got a ton of PW requests from here tonight too …sigh

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Radio silence people…….. This is nothing new, we have been here way to often. keep chatter to PM’s, no open discussion on the open forum.

That is all……..

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Him doing PW requests is no secret to him and certainly not new to us.

He’s just being annoying, or he thinks he is.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

yeah, so dont feed the trolls…..

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I alao got an email about someone requested to change my password here. I just changed the password lets see if they try my other accounts also. I have a few evil friends that live in Canada maybe they can trace down my account hacker and play with him/her and teach them a lesson

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Ugggggh.

Profile photo of raven
    raven
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I recommend a dirt nap for the dirt bag. Jules, I can think of nobody I’d rather get a threat from than you, I’d feel happy if you were the one.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@raven said:
    I recommend a dirt nap for the dirt bag. Jules, I can think of nobody I’d rather get a threat from than you, I’d feel happy if you were the one.

Too bad it would be some hairy, sweaty, fat guy sending it instead of her.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@raven said:

@74demon said:
    Too bad it would be some hairy, sweaty, fat guy sending it instead of her.

Oh, I can get quite stroppy with people at times ..lol … ask @dtone if he enjoyed my stropping him into the middle of next week when he bought the wrong phone plan. I advised him of his daft error and I made him get it changed ..lol

Jules

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Your stroppy would still be cute Jules. No getting away from that….

Note: I don’t even know what “stroppy” is. Must be a UK thing.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Awww, thank you … it’s UK I guess…

When I worked with my dad on cars or bikes and things went pear-shaped, well lets say I never had his patience and he would call me…

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Receiving an email to yourself from yourself doesn’t mean your email was hacked. Just means he can spoof your email.

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@woo545 said:
    Receiving an email to yourself from yourself doesn’t mean your email was hacked. Just means he can spoof your email.

Or it means you were so drunk last night that you don’t remember emailing yourself.

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin

42 fucking times they have requested to change my password what can you do about it?

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@74demon said:
    Just requests for password changes…. over and over.

I keep getting those as well………that is one thing that hasn’t ever stopped.

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

They havent hacked my account i just keep getting the request for password changes am up to 61 now i just figured that @admin could see where they where being requested from. I am sure it has to leave their IP address some where on the server. Might be hard to find just 1 time but over 60 times of someone clickimg the reset password button has to leave a trail some where. If the person really wants my password i am more then willing to give it to them, all they need to do is come ask me to my face. Not be a coward and hide behind a keyboard. I am a small guy 4’10” and just barely 90lbs so dont be scared come get ya some. I mean come ask for the password, dont worry i am not a violent person, i wont rip your fingers from your hands and sruff them in your ass. Promise

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I wish it was that easy @sdm1.. the asshole just does it all day.. i get 100-200 a day. I’m working on a fix for that. It’s just a pain to work around.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.