After it's been standing

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions After it's been standing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wilkie2
    wilkie2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

My 2005 cbr600f has been stood for about 6 weeks, charged the battery and tried to start it today but the starter just turns over and refuses to start…… any ideas what I can do?

Profile photo of wilkie2
    wilkie2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Turned out it was closer to 3 months it was stood (doesn’t time fly 😳) drained the fuel and put fresh in…. connected to my car as the battery didn’t charge quick enough………. all sorted, just been for my last ride of the year 😀😀😀

Happy new year to you all

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I see you fixed your issue, but I had something similar with my ST1300. I turned the key and let the fuel pump cycle 10 separate times. I then gave it 1/4 throttle and hit the start button. Sputtered but did not start. 10 more cycles, then 1/2 throttle and it started. I ran it f
    till it completely warmed up and then shut it down and cane back 1 hour later. It started right up. This ethanol mix sometimes separates when it sits for a while so the water sits on the bottom and feeds through 1st. That why changing out your fuel fixed your issue, in my opinion. If you have carbs sitting with ethanol mix is even worse.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.