Aussie CBR

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of szmidi szmidi 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of szmidi
    szmidi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Hi Guys, Just signed up as Facebook page is going down. Got a 2005 600RR. Had it for about five years now. My boss bought one new from the factory when they came out and have always loved the shape so don’t intend on upgrading anytime soon.

Bought this one from the original owner with under 9000ks. It was an absolute bargain as he wasn’t in it to make money but the lack of use caused the fuel tank to rust away from the inside out. Replaced the tank and pump and its as good a new.

Has a BMC Air Filter, Power Commander III and a RS5 Yoshimura slip on exhaust. Currently rolling on Pilot Power 2’s.

Just ticked over 20,000ks. Rode it down to the track (which is about 6 hours away). Had a blast and was quite surprised at how it rounded up and passed litre bikes like they were nothing!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hey @szmidi – Nice bike! Thanks for joining. If you have any questions.. post up.

Also, check your private messages.. just sent you one back. Ride safe!

Profile photo of roqet
    roqet
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Welcome!

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to RideCBR! Nice looking RR!

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome!

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome from Philippines…

Everyone knows the 05’s are the fastest of them all, I know I own 1 :D :D :D

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of szmidi
    szmidi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Thanks guys. Thought I should mention I upgraded from a 1990 CBR250RR. Was a fun little thing, great to throw around. Had intentions of handing this down to the wife but with a kid and no nearby family we never get time off to ride together. It was slid down the side of a mountain by the mate I sold it to.

@SDM1 said:

Is this legit SDM1? There isn’t a huge bike community so basically everyone has a different bike and hard to compare anything similar?

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@szmidi Welcome to ridecbr from Seattle! Very nice bike, I have an 04 and personally think the 03-06 are the best looking RR’s. Feel free to join any topic, discussion, contest and games.

@SDM1 said:
    Welcome from Philippines…

Dont believe him, we all know the red ones are the fastest :wink:

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@szmidi

The 250RR looks sweet, I have am 2012 250R, I want to get an 250RR for riding the track with, my 250 is fun just doesnt have the get up and go. I have already done a lot of motor work to it, suspension the works, still not enough UMPH. I am sure it would help if I lost weight 0_o.

@theredrocket

Yes the red/white/blues are the fastest :gocrazy:

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of szmidi
    szmidi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Maybe thats why my 250RR held its own so well @theredrocket

@sdm1 If it isn’t a track with too many long straights I’m sure a 250RR if kept in the right gear/rev range would have enough poke to keep you competative. The new ones don’t even compare. Nothing like closing in on 20,000rpm ;)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.