Avon 3D sport tire

RideCBR.com Forums Wheel & Tire Discussion Avon 3D sport tire

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thomas80 thomas80 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thomas80
    thomas80
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’m thinking of getting a Avon 3D sport for my 929 what does everyone think? right now I have Dunlop Q3’s on my bike they were a nice tire perfect handling and all but the center wore out kinda fast well I do a lot of high speed driving and wheelies. But what does everyone think about the Avon?

Unbelievable!

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Never tried those.

Had Dunlop Q2…. They were ok. Got a defective tire that they didn’t stand behind. Never again will I buy Dunlop.

Had Bridgestone BT021…. Trying to get more mileage out of a tire set. Hated them. Took a while to warm up and felt a little slippery. Didn’t get many more miles from the set.

Ran Michelin pilot powers for years…. Great tire! Same mileage as the others but with a better feel. Great tire for the price.

Currently running Bridgestone s20 evo… Got them on sale and the promise to last 20% longer. We will see. So far, the center hardly wears and the sides are so soft the that the sides get sticky even when not pushing them hard. I will look for these again if they hold up at least as long as the others.(4000 miles)

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have no experience with them either, sorry.
    But one thing I’ve noticed whenever I bought a less expensive tire in the past is that I ended up basically paying the same price as a more expensive well known top brand tire but with less performance. This is because usually when I bought a less expensive tire it either didn’t have very good steering response and/or gave much lower mileage so I ended up paying for it one way or another. Now I just try to pay a little more if I can afford it and just go with the more well known ones.

I know this post is not of much use to you so hopefully someone with specific experience to those tires can respond if there are any on this forum.

thomas80
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

From what I have read the Avon 3d ultra sport it gets great reviews as far as cost they are all about the same unless you go for a crazy expensive tire like a perelli super corsa.

Unbelievable!

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Maybe pick a set up and let is know how they do.

Certainly won’t be the last set of tires you put on it. If you’re like me, you will be doing it all again fairly soon.

thomas80
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Ok I guess that’s what I’ll do this wil be the 3rd tie this season only because of a nail 200 miles into my first Q3 so I’ll try out the Avon and let everyone know how it is.

Unbelievable!

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have never tried the Avon tires. I have the Pirelli Angel GT on my RR and they are a great tire, lots of traction on dry and wet pavement. Dual compound hard in the middle soft on the edges. I run them my little brother also has them on his R1. He can drag knee with these tires lots of grip where needed. I would suggest these

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

thomas80
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thanks I’ll look into them also!

Unbelievable!

thomas80
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

so I went wit the Pirelli angel GT and so far so good haven’t slipped yet haven’t got to play in the rain yet but on dry pavement no complaints!

Unbelievable!

thomas80
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thanks @sdm1

Unbelievable!

thomas80
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Well the angel GT made it through a full test except for one fault of mine they were a great tire my mistake was not waiting for them to warm up on a 37° day and they dropped me on my ass around a 25 mph corner so but entirely my fault. Now I’m trying out a pirelli roso corsa. So far it’s got all the traction you could want and it warms up fast. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Unbelievable!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.