Bar Risers on F3-V

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 94f2-08rr 94f2-08rr 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Has anyone ever fitted any type of handlebar riser kit to the standard F3 and what degree of success / what were the pros & cons and pitfalls? I’m sure I could do the job but, once fitted, how do you avoid the taller bars then fouling against the front / top fairings every time you turn the bars??

This is the end of the line for me; I’ve revisited the bike after 2 months of riding a sports tourer (CBF1000) with higher bars and ergonomic & comfortable riding position and although I still LOVE my F3 with its beautiful engine and handling and slick gearchange – compared with the CBF) it’s just SO uncomfortable (and for me, painful) to ride any distance. I’d hate to see her go but sometimes you have to accept your limitations (and the machine’s) and face up to reality ;-(

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You can check out 97 vfr bar ends. Should be same size forks just tad bit up from the f2&3 stocks and won’t hit the fairings… I’ve been wanting to this to my f2 for a year now…

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Cool, thanks…

Actually just found some made in UK from GB Moto and ordered them – also watched a You Tube installation video and you’re right they clear the screen / fairing even on full lock left or right!

Will report back after I’ve fitted them – hopefully they’ll allow me to keep my F3 and my back lol

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have put over $1700 into my F4i to turn it into a tourer but never considered risers. . . .let me know how it goes. . . a guy I know just had helibar clip ons put on his 08 1000rr. . . he likes it and it clears all of the stock bodywork. . he had an issue with his brake lines because his custom lines were shorter than the stock ones

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I may know this week – even as soon as tomorrow as they are supposed to arrie then, so will definitely let you know!

To be honest, I don’t imagine they’ll make a lot of difference as only 16-18mm extra height according to spec; and looking at the bike I reckon that’s the most you can get away with without fouling on the screen. But they’re only £68 so a lot cheaper than the full bar yoke mod thing; even a slightly higher grip position could improve posture and riding position I guess…

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

even the helibars on my ST raise the grips up one inch and back 2. . on a sport bike it can be so tight it would be difficult to make that big of a change with modding the fairings

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Can’t wait to see! Every little bit helps…

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Easy to fit although I had to remove the RHS top fairing/ screen inner plastic insert (if you get what I mean!) otherwise the brake fluid reservoir chamber was scraping (fouling) against that plastic part on full left lock…

Feels slightly more comfortable to ride but also handling feels slightly different as you’d expect due to altering the position of the handlebars; no doubt that’s something that I’ll adapt to automatically but those are my initial observations after a 10 mile test ride…

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

they look nice and clean. . . only 15k miles on your CBR? I’ve put 13k(maybe 100 commuter miles) on my F4i in 2 years. . . I have an awesome wife who encourages me to ride whenever I get the chance, she joins me occasionally too. . . although now that I have the ST I’m pretty sure any riding on my F4i will be solo from here on out. . lol

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Yes I’m quite pleased but will see how it goes over the next few hundred miles I guess..

Oh and the other thing I like is the way the top cover caps hide (and protect) the shock adjuster screws; quite a neat design :)

Yep only done 3k miles since March 2014 when I bought her. Now I’ve got the CBF1000 I’ll do even less – unless I keep this one for a summer weekend bike and the other for long trips & touring. I don’t take pillions yet; will wait until I’m happy enough with solo riding before I risk someone else’s safety lol.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I understand, Ihave put more miles on my F4i than people I know that have cruisers and sport tourers. . .my ST rides so smooth and makes me feel like I am in a cocoon of safety, resulting in riding with helmet and gloves on it. . . a new habit I need to break. . .

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

riding 2 up with my mom. . . she will be 65 next month has survived breastfeeding cancer and has one titanium hip, due to normal wear and tear, she had ridden on my F4i too but it was always a lot of work helping her off. almost tipped it several times. . I thought she would be scared to rude but she has actually become addicted. the ST is much more comfortable for a 2 up ride

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Those are nice! Could ya share the site or link you got those from… Please! :wink:

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

http://www.gbmotoracingparts.com/handlebar-risers-49-c.asp

You weren’t wrong when you pointed me towards VFR bar risers either LOL

BTW I’ve emailed Barry at GB Moto to see if he’ll ship to the States and what charges are – looking at the website again it looks like he does, so hopefully not too expensive although I assume you maybe able to find a supplier a bit more local ;-)

Tim

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@nueyf4i Wow – you have an adventurous Mum! Mine is 93 and she HATES bikes so unfortunately that’ll never happen lol

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hey @cbr-f2 – I asked about shipping to USA and it’s £12.50.

Reckon you’d be better off getting yours from a local (i.e. US) stockist; checkout these on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-Handle-Bar-Risers-CBR600-F4i-F4-F3-CBR-600F4I-600F3-/321932599280

They look the same to me :-)

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Great! Thanx!

Have ya put some good mileage on them yet?!

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Nope – cos I’m using my other bike this weekend lol. This week was the 1st time I even touched the CBR in 2 months but still hope to ride her more now she’s more ergonomic ;-)

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@nueyf4i – looks like your mom is smiling and that is great. Love that.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.