Bike stand help

RideCBR.com Forums Aftermarket Part Discussion Bike stand help

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gixxersmokerr gixxersmokerr 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cbr1ninja
    cbr1ninja
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

What kind off bike stand do u guys have? I have a swing arm one and it sucks, it scratched my swing arm! Help me pick up a new one. Pls

Profile photo of anubisphoenix00
    anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I have a cheap haulmaster low profile rear stand from harbor freight i dont have any issue with scrathing from the stand. When ur talking about u have a swing arm do you mean that ur stand lifts the bike by plates holding the swingarm? Or does the stand scratch the swingarm when it lifts up from spools?

Profile photo of cbr1ninja
    cbr1ninja
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

My bike stand lift up my bike by the swing arms, that’s how it get scratch.

Profile photo of anubisphoenix00
    anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Ok so I would suggest you get a rear stand that utilizes spools that attaches to your swingarm. Like I said I have a haul master stand from harbor freight about $40. If want something with quality and don’t mind spending the extra cash I would recommend you look at pit bull stands.

Profile photo of rrider
    rrider
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I bought a Trackside rear stand at Cycle Gear for $45 and it has rubber posts that dont scratch and they also have an end for spools. This stand works perfect for me, I dont have spools so mine is lifted up by the swingarm also with no scratches. Hope that helps.

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I have PSR stands for front and rear.

The front stand has two rubber rollers and simply goes beneath the end of the forks.

The rear stand attaches in either of two ways:
    #1) square rubber blocks beneath the swingarm
    #2) hooks for spools

I may add a chain adjuster with stand hooks.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=146776

You can see partially the PSR stand in these pics, but I’m not yet sure how the stand uses the chain adjuster hooks.

Profile photo of gpr05600rr
    gpr05600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I use the Harbor Freight special also with no issues. They are hard to find here so I ordered it online. Great stand for the money.

Profile photo of stansama
    stansama
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Are these here the stands you guys are talking about? They are a great price, might be an x-mas present to myself. I’m curious though, on the front stands what are the triangle shaped pieces of metal for? In one picture they show them facing down, then on the bike they sort of run up along the front forks. What do these do?

Profile photo of kpru
    kpru
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I have GPI stands the rear can use the swing arm or spools and the front just goes on the forks. I picked the set up on eBay for like $120 shipped a year ago and they work great I’d recommend them

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@stansama in pic #9 of your link, the 2 posts that stick out from the triangle – they cradle the trailing edge of your fork. The triangle is 1. a mounting point for the two posts and 2. to keep the forks from sliding off the posts.
    Check out sportbiketrackgear.com and go to the stands section and watch the videos for a demo, sometimes I think Jason enjoys the sound of his own voice but, the dude knows his stuff and is very knowledgeable.

Profile photo of gixxersmokerr
    gixxersmokerr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

the bulldogs are great but if you cant afford that, get the vortex, they both work well. cyclegear.com has them on sale now!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.