black everything

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse black everything

This topic contains 30 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of spdygak spdygak 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

okay, maybe not everything, but everything that was silver!! ;) I have two more things to black out…my engine casings (about to do that NOW) and my front forks!!! ew..gold..

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

heres a pic the day after I blacked out my swingarm and rear pegs, I just think the engine casings stand out way too much…im about to take care of that RIGHT NOW.

once all thats done, time for a black exhaust ;)

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

im gonna do a HOW TO thread on this also…heres some pics of the process, im about to untape it now….about 30 more minutes and ill take it for a quick spin ;)

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

and heres the finished product!!! MAN, I REALLY need to update my build thread with all this stuff ive done!!!

im sure you saw in some pics, the part of my cat that looks GOLD….I changed that REAL quick! ;)

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

and for those of you that like before and afters,,,

BEFORE:
    AFTER:

BEFORE:
    AFTER:

Profile photo of coltonharris13
    coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Looks good! What kind of paint did you use? I did the same thing to my 08 Orange over the Winter. Blacked out the subframe, mid fairing, gas cap and a few others. Basically everything that was silver. Looks so much better that way without the silver. Yours turned out real nice though

coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Also, cant tell but it looks like you painted your passenger pegs, Id recommend getting those powdercoated, only because they will chip over time. I got my passenger pegs and rearsets powdercoated over the winter, and they still look like the day I got them back. No chipping whatsoever.

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@coltonharris13 hey bro, I used plasti-di[ on my swingarm and my rear pegs! so im not too worried about chipping or anything, ill eventually do powdercoating on the pegs..I used VHT flameproof flat black paint on the engine casings and my exhaust CAT (you cant really see it) the VHT dried VERY flat and just looks BAD on the bike, so I went over it with some duplicolor flat black paint and it looks PERFECT!! hopefully it holds up the way im expecting it to!

coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Yeah, I used duplicolor flat black engine enamel. Turned out great also. Mine has been holding up fine. Even on my mids, where i expected a lot of chips just because it is more vulnerable to stones or whatever kicking up off the road and hitting it, but I have had no problems with it yet. I also hit my mids with 2 coats of clearcoat too.

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I think my bike look a thousand times better with all my silver now black…just gotta get a new black exhaust, or either spray one black! ;) and after that, or before, im gonna go on and spray my fork tubes with some plasti-dip ;)

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Yoshi carbon fiber!

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

ehhhhhhhhhh idk about a yoshi….I like the dual outlet RT-one better than a yosh! lol….I REAAAALLLYYYY want a TOCE exhaust though man…..that would be the SHIT! if I was good with fabricating stuff, I would make my own TOCE type exhaust but with 4 outlets instead of two….lol…

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I would wanna do something similar to the toce but with 4 outlets like THIS….it would be so BA if you ask me…sorry for the crude paint skills…LOL..

Photobucket

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@mactacular Looks like an R1 exhaust. Man I’m so jealous. That really takes our Tribal to the next level. I’m getttin the blue Tribal decals and following your lead with the black out! I wanna replace my chrome Yoshi for this in the blue carbon fiber with the billet tips

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@spdygak yeah bro! thats what im talking about..the R1 TOCE exhaust looks EXACTLY how I want my exhaust to look!!!

and I CANNOT WAIT to see the blue tribal graphics on your bike dude!!!!!!! holy hell its gonna look SO badass!!! and holy fuck that hyperflow system with the billet tips is SIIIIICCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish I had $800!! and thats just for a slip on?! SHIT!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@ mactacular I know, priiiceey, but once I convince the wifey I gotta have it, I’ll get it!! I’m putting on my grips tomorrow and I’m still contemplating the blue plasti dip to do my gas cap and pegs and all. Still may go black on the swingarm as not to overdo the blue… How much plasti did you use?

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

one can to do my swingarm and pegs…and I sprayed about 8 coats on the swingarm..LOL…I coulda been done with two, but I wanted to make sure it was on there GOOD!!

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I like it! of course I liked the silver too……..But I like it. I would love to do my bike all black. EVERY THING!!!! The frame, wheels, fairings, sub frame, forks, exhaust…….. and accent it in red stripes and wheel tape. I love my bike with all the bright paint and polished metal, but it is such a pain to keep up with.

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@hubbard2a DO IT THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plasti dip it $5 a can! for $20 you’ll have more than enough….if you ever decide you wanna go back to the way it was…peel it off! and you’re only out of $20! ;)

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I would love to do it to a second bike…….I am in love with mine just the way it is. It hold a little special meaning, since after the demise of my triumph, Daytona. I was staying quite but dying on the inside with out a bike. My wife tricked me and this was my birthday present that year….. So I dont think I could bring my self to change it that much. I am hoping to either chrome or powder coat the wheels with a chrome powder coating since the wheels are the biggist of my problems.

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

if wheels are the biggest of ur probs being dirty, youre gonna HATE chrome!!!

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

looking sexy @mactacular tim for me to get mine done next weekend when i got alot of free time at my beach house woot Ill post up if i actually get the balls to do it…

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@09RedBlackRR whered your beach house bro???

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

St. Marys county. D about 10 min ffom MIR

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@09RedBlackRR I thought I remembered you saying something about you having a beach house in tybee? oor your gf does or something? idk…lol

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@mactacular Finally got home early enough to get my grips on. I will put up a post in a bit with what I learned while doing it for the first time…
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin I don’t see a way when-my-friggin-shitty-AT&T-DSL-goes-out-so-I-reload-the-page-and-it-double-posts to delete the double

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ewww broncos lol jk looks good.
    Mac that rear brake res is going next right :wink:

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@spdygak Members cant delete posts. It would be havoc with disputes. For now, pm me the post or posts and ill delete them.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin Good deal, thanks! @inkslingerxx watch out for Peyton- Superbowl?

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@spdygak just messing with you. I can’t talk shat about any team because I’ve been a Rams fan since LA haha

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.