Bluetooth Devices

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions Bluetooth Devices

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bobby bobby 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Im looking for info on finding a solid but not overly expensive bluetooth device to have music in my helmet from my Iphone….or other ways that you guys/gals listen to music while riding. Thanks in advance

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Any bluetooth would work with any smartphone or you could go all out:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/29807/ITEM/ONeal-Racing-Tirade-Bluetooth-Helmet.aspx

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’d buy the second one, i’m partial to the flip lid (even though i’ve never owned one.)

I’m too attached to my Arai to change, I just rock the one headphone attached to my phone. Never done me wrong.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Im thinking as of right now to just get a bluetooth headset like a jawbone or something similar just to wear inside of the helmet i already have rather than purchasing another helmet….however the ones that have been posted will be put into my growing list for when i go to purchase a new helmet

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin– they are both modular the only thing I didn’t get was the flip down sun visor that would be nice so you don’t have to change the whole visor. I love the look of the Oneal. One of our group has a black one with a subtle red design that is wicked. I do like customizing my own though
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

That helmet is sick J.O.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

thanks! I ordered the decals on ebay. It was tricky lining them up and cutting them so the visor and the flip up worked. I
    m happy with the result. I’m obviously a huge Denver fan. Did you see my pics of the bike?

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

so I checked out a ton of wireless bluetooth in ear headphones today and there were some pretty cool ones but none that worked for talking inside my helmet on the highway… I think ima get one of the single ear piece bluetooth sets that also play music cause a lot of them are made for cancelling wind noise.. ima order one soon and let yall know! only downside is one ear is left without music :/

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

What were some of the headphones you checked out…really just interested in the music at this point

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

i went to best buy and looked at the beatback Go and Jaybird freedoms i think they are called!

the jaybirds were my favorite for sound quality and comfort and highly functional on my iphone 4s

are you looking for some just for the gym and stuff or on your bike?

Hunter:
    What were some of the headphones you checked out…really just interested in the music at this point

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie
    Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

gonna check out the plantronicts voyager pro HD next.. probably go pick it up tomorrow to give it a test run

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Right now I just use A set of Phillips sports head phones for music and turn by turn Nav. I need to install a Lighter plug so my phone can charge out on the go. I dont answer calls out on the bike, thats my personal time, I will call you back, right now I am doing me! The phillips sport set is noise canceling, they are built like earplugs and wrap around the top of your ear like sun glasses. So your helmet cant pull em off. when you push them in place they seal in your ear canal and block the loud stuff out, so you dont have to max out the volume just to hear it, I can actually hear the music clearly at around half volume. the best part is that they are only about $16 at walmart!

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@hubbard2a maybe just wire a USB plug instead if the lighter plug. Search, there are watertight ones, nice and neat.

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I already have noise isolating headphones for rides and they were very expensive lol but sometimes while commuting I am expecting an important call or I’ve gone with groups that send a car through our route to map for cops and bad road from which the connected to the lead rider . Only problem of they don’t have noise canceling ones….

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Oh and I figured out why all the motorcycle Bluetooth kits are not in ear noise isolating: it’s because it you crash the impact of the helmet could shove the earbud too far into your ear and do some serious damage

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’m looking for some specifically for my bike for music/maybe phone if they aren’t too expensive but they must be Bluetooth because as of right now I use regular in ear with a cord and it is annoying at times

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I found a PAIR of blu tooth head sets for roughly $120… No joke! I found this website called “gooddeals18.com”. Look for the set that can have the 6multi channel. Stereo speakers and mic. You have to install yourself, but not that bad of job to do. Between myself, wife, parents and a few friends all of us running them. Pairing up with each is a snap. Took a bit of practice with the button locations, but I’ve got it down nicely. Modular helmets a little more trickier… Brand is by SHARK. GOOD LUCK! Hope this helps…

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Profile photo of bobby
    bobby
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Me and a few friends have the Sena smh10. Great headset. Easy to set up and real easy to use.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.