Boots

This topic contains 25 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dubv dubv 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hayden
    hayden
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

So, about a year ago i sold my boots to a CBRJ member, and now that i bought a bike, i am in need of some new ones. ideally im a cheap skate and would only like to spend around $150, anyone know of great deals out there? looking for the full height race style boots. i know $150 will be tough, but i have found some close to that already that “may” fit the bill:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=11351

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=8460

anyone have any thoughts about either of those, or any recommendations?

Profile photo of hayden
    hayden
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=14867

sorry to double post, but these are slightly out of my price range, but seem to be a better brand/better style.

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I’m looking for new boots too……….I hate shopping. lol

Profile photo of rod38um
    rod38um
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

You know, boots have been real problem for me. I go the IronPony store in Westerville Ohio on a fairly regular basis. They have a huge selection but it seems like they all look like they belong to a wannabe space man. I want something that offers great protection but I’m not ashamed to wear into a restaurant. Two years ago, I finally settled on a pair of Icons. For the first few days it felt like I was in a walking cast but now they are pretty comfortable. I stay on the look out for something to replace them with but in the two years I’ve had them, I have found nothing I would want to wear. Either my fashion tastes suck or these manufacturers need some new designers! lol

Profile photo of hayden
    hayden
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I just got a discount code from the guys over at r6forum who got it previously from the barf froum originally. Anyone like Axo? 50% your entire order. check out the site, and if there is anything you need, ill PM you the code. im getting these: Regular $165….half price $82.50

http://www.axo.com/us/primato-ii-boots

this is legit, not a scam…..awesome! getting some gloves too.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@hayden Sweet is the code good for anyone? I know someone else rides those and loves them. Shat I’d give em a try for $82

Profile photo of hayden
    hayden
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

yes, but each customer can only redeem once. pm me your email address if interested. I know im new here, but there are a bunch of CBRJ member that can vouch for me. ;) (maybe)

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Awesome, PM sent

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I currently run these pumas, but they are a bitch to walk in. I have to walk all the way across campus when I get to work every morning in them. I got a shot ankle thats been broke fractured and sprained several times from my dirt bike days, so I’ll give these a try.
    Thanks again.

Profile photo of hayden
    hayden
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

those are good looking boots! coupon is on its way man. take advantage!

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I just use a pair of work boots.

There was this leather place that had some really good deals…but your first purchase has to be like $400 (any price there after). Good if you go in with a group of people.

http://www.myleather.com/

Profile photo of hayden
    hayden
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

woo. You can get a pair of Axo boot at Axo.com for half price. puts them at $82,50 plus shipping. check it out. if there is ANYTHING on the site you like/want/need pm me your email and ill send you the discount code.

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@hayden what happens if when they arrive they are uncomfortable? Any idea what the return policy is like?

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hayden, good luck with the boots bro. Looks good. If I would’ve seen this earlier I would’ve asked what your intention for them are (commute, track, daily, tour, short jaunts, etc..?) because I had similar boots and I didn’t get much use out of them other than short spirited rides because they were too uncomfortable to wear for any prolonged periods or to walk around off the bike with. If you are just using it for that purpose it should be fine though.

The most recent ones I bought where A* sm-x2 which are better for all around use at a decent value (hand crafted) and while these are fantastic quality and comfort overall the only complaint I have about these is that since they are shorter boots on longer rides they start cutting into your shins (due to bent position of your ankles on sportbikes) so I wish they would have padded the upper section much more but I would still recommend them after a few thousand mile trips with them. The search for the perfect boots continues …

A* SMX-2

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Need track boots but mostly want sidi

Profile photo of hoosier1104
    hoosier1104
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I have a older version of these.

http://rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=3432&id=12300

Very comfortable to walk in all day. I have done it several times.

Profile photo of hayden
    hayden
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

check-in

after 300 or so miles with the boots, i gonna say they are absolutely awesome. Best “value” i have spent on gear, bar none.

They: look great, built well, super comfortable. sizing was spot on. i wear 10.5 sneakers and ordered 10.5 boots, and they fit perfect.

anyone sill in the market for boots, drop $80 bucks or so on those, and your wont be disappointed.

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Man I guess I waited too long dam. Me and another guy tried the code today and nothing. I sent an email and got this back.

AXO America
    5:41 PM (25 minutes ago)

to me
    That promotion has been discontinued. It was set up just for people that attended a SBKCoach school, but someone put it online publically so we have disabled the code from working.

AXO America, Inc.

26465 Summit Circle

Santa Clarita, CA 91350

phone 661 257 0916

fax 661 257 1932

email info@axo.com

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I did a google search on the code and counted at least 4 different forums it was on.

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Sorry, couldn’t help myself…1:38 of your life that you’ll never get back.

Profile photo of gixxersmokerr
    gixxersmokerr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Smx plus on sale 50% off at cyclegear

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I just picked up these Gaerne used for $80. THey are a little tight but I expected that. Easy to buckle up. I like em for my first boots!

photo D67814BF-BEB1-4C4E-B5C9-EBC89A3E8935-2648-0000022CCFA71162_zps291c82ed.jpg

Profile photo of joekr
    joekr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I own 2 pair of SIDI…

I tried on boots from Sedici, A* & a handfull of others… SIDI were the best fitting for me.

Profile photo of sahilarora
    sahilarora
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Mine are Alpinestars SMX-1 boots .. good to walk around with it .. got it for $155 in my country.

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Oh Crap… The is a thread on boots, not boobs. What a gyp.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

LMFAO!!!!! @fishfryer

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.