Bought a CBR so here I am sayin' hi

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions Bought a CBR so here I am sayin' hi

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cbr-f2 cbr-f2 4 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of redstar
    redstar
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hi, I’m from Melbourne and as the title says I bought and old CBR 1000F a couple of days ago. It’s a 1989 model and it is in really good condition. Naturally I though why not join a forum dedicated to CBR’s. It’s the second Honda I’ve owned, the first was a VTR. Here’s a pic so let me know what you think of it. Hope you all have a great day.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I love it!! :-)

I think it looks amazing for it’s age and I really like the colour scheme, it looks a very classy and swish ride…

Welcome to the forum, take care and enjoy the bike :-)

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of roqet
    roqet
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Welcome!!

Profile photo of kennmcook
    kennmcook
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

It’s always great to see older bikes that have been taken care of.

Profile photo of redstar
    redstar
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thanks for making me feel welcome. When I saw this bike advertised I couldn’t resist it. I wasn’t looking for an old bike I found it completely by accident. Makes me wonder, did it find me?

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome! I think it did find you. That’s how I’ve come across all mine. I actually have never purposely looked for a bike, they just find me. Funny how that happens. Glad to have you and your awesome old school.

Profile photo of richard954
    richard954
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Welcome have fun with the site

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

An old school fireblade? Thats awesome! welcome to the site, have fun. :)

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of redstar
    redstar
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thanks again for the welcome. Actually this bike was known as the “Hurricane” when it came out in ’87 and it was a bit of a nostalgia purchase for me if anything. It’s sales dived when Honda introduced the RR Fireblade. Its more of a sportstourer than a supersport. She’s a big heavy bike and actually the bike that replaced it in the CBR range is the XX Blackbird. Since that photo I have started tearing it down to replace the cam chain and tensioner and investigate any further engine rebuilding that I need to do, the wheels are gonna get some plasti dip treatment as are the bottom fairings, she’s getting new disc rotors and pads, rubber front and rear as well as braided brake lines and clutch line. It’s loosing the damn luggage rack, and various underside components like the center stand and side stand will get plasti dipped or repainted. It’s already got a set of stainless pipes that roar to the desired level so they will stay. I’ll post some pics as I go or when I’m done for comparison. It’s not a full restoration to mint it’s a kinda maintenance/modernization clean up. My wife’s patience is starting to run thin on bike purchases so I need to make this bike the last one for a while.

Profile photo of d-m-p-duke
    d-m-p-duke
    Training Wheels

Hello!!

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Wow she looks great! Always loved the old “hurricanes” A few peeps I used to ride with had them………most of them didn’t treat them very well and honestly from the pic, yours looks nicer than any of the ones I’ve seen. Enjoy her……..and welcome :hi:

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome @redstar. I really like that color.

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Another old school!!! Woot woot!!! :bow: :hi:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.