cbr600rr Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

RideCBR.com Forums Wheel & Tire Discussion cbr600rr Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of spdygak spdygak 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of toppo
    toppo
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

hi just took bridgestone’s of my bike,only done 200 miles on em , they was on the bike from new ,never liked em at all ,,,,,,just got a pair of these to try Michelin Pilot Power 2CT , i use pirelli corsa on my other bikes and liked them ,but i wanted to try these 2CT,s ,,,, so ill see how it goes , got my first track day soon on this bike ,

Profile photo of jmac1724
    jmac1724
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I got the pilot power 2’s and I like them

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

i ride a set of these pilot 2ct’s on my 929, lemme tell ya , these are the stickiest tires ive ever had. they seem to be on rails , the bike handles supurb with these shoes. I will not buy a different tire from here on.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I considered the 2CT, but went with the Power Pure. From my research the only difference is the outer compound comes up higher. They were $10 more so I just went with them. They definitely feel like it’s on rails! I did have to adjust my riding style to compensate for well they handle.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

bambam:
    i ride a set of these pilot 2ct’s on my 929, lemme tell ya , these are the stickiest tires ive ever had. they seem to be on rails , the bike handles supurb with these shoes. I will not buy a different tire from here on.

Same here. What I always recommend

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Compare the Michelin tires:
    Photobucket

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Looky looky
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

hey wait… where’s the other one?! Oh ya they shipped from different parts of the country. Not til Monday, grrrr

Profile photo of rod38um
    rod38um
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I’m on my 4th set of pilot power 2ct’s…………. I love em!

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

you guys all seem to be running michelins!!! lol..I have some Dunlop Q2 SportMax tires on my bike…I like them alright, not complaining…

I had some Continental ContiRace-ATTACK tires on my first last CBR when I got it..those tires were AWESOME! I replaced them with some Continental Conti-Motion tires and I actually REEEEAAAAALLLLYYYYYY liked those!!!!!!!!!

the good thing about them is they were CHEAPPPP!!!!!!!! I think im gonna go with those again when it’s time for a tire change!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So I got my tires mounted… what do you guys pay in your areas (off the bike or on) ? they are about scrubbed in ( the front came in after the rear) and I will head out to run some twisties and feel the difference. I really felt the front tire since it was put on. Feels very sensitive but maybe I’m overly cautious since this is my first set of new tires…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.