Computer problems

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Computer problems

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of smalls1000 smalls1000 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of smalls1000
    smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

So I just got a new computer an iMac and I don’t know how to do the simplest of things like copy and paste a link. Anyone know how to do this? and to save pictures I’m just dragging images to my desktop, but theres got to be an easier way to do this?

smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Never mind I googled it

Profile photo of dan5291
    dan5291
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

google is definitely going to be your new best friend.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@smalls1000 When I had a macbook the first month or so I was so lost. Then when I switched back to PC I hated every second of it, lol. Grab a regular USB mouse so you can right click.

Profile photo of kgprice
    kgprice
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Grab the magic mouse…you will never go back to a regular mouse again!! I love it for my iMac and it works wonders in stuff you want to do everyday

Kevin
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2001 Honda CBR 929RR Respol Edition

smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@dan5291 yeah this thing didn’t come with any form of instructions let alone who would want to read through a manual that thick on how to use a computer lol. So google is the next best set of instructions.

@admin what made you love the apple computer so much of a PC? I’m still in that phase where I don’t know what the hell I’m doing on this thing and am confused on the daily.

@kgprice my computer came with the magic mouse, but this is the first mouse I’ve had that has its own settings lol.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ve used macs since Apple Lisa in 85 (yeah, I’m getting old) for both business and personal use as well as PCs because some software needed for business is not available on macs. While I don’t have much against PCs (like fanboys on both sides), the main beauty of Macs is its simplicity in that most all its functions are designed the way you would have designed it as a consumer that just wants to get things done and not as an engineer creating something that requires training to run. Once you figure it out you’ll find that it’s actually rather simple to operate. The latest models are on a rock solid platform and rather difficult to screw up even if you try whereas with my PCs I seem to need to fix something on them every other day.

You’ll figure it a lot sooner than you think.

smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@kewlbreeze I’ve been playing with it everyday trying to get use to it, thats good to hear that its simple I guess its like their phones huh. Thats exactly what I think about when it comes to phones, iPhones are much more simple and android phones just have too much stuff I would never use. Wasn’t sure if macs were the same way given the starting prices points they have, then again everything with a half bitten apple is pricey.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.