Couple pics and video about my bike

RideCBR.com Forums Sportbike Pictures & Videos Couple pics and video about my bike

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thirdgenlxi thirdgenlxi 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thirdgenlxi
    thirdgenlxi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Figured I’d post up a few pics of my bike and a little video I put together of some of our travels and whatnot. 2004 F4i that I’ve had for about 7.5 years now, and “a few” miles, LOL

Most people don’t believe that it has 235,000 miles on it (not a typo) :-P

\

Serving double duty!

I’m still slow though….. but working on it, haha

And a little video I made awhile back when she turned 200k…. I updated it not too long ago and added a few new things

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That is INSANE! So awesome, you should be proud! What major work have you done to keep up the engine? I mean besides the obvious PM stuff.

thirdgenlxi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Nothing at all on the motor, just the usual maintenance stuff…. oil changes, valve adjustments, TB sync, plugs, coolant flushes, etc. Only kinda major problem I’ve had with it was it started popping out of 3rd gear at 114k. Ended up having to split the cases and replace 3rd and 6th gears (and 2nd just for safe measure) and the shift fork, and it’s been golden ever since. It’s still on the original clutch and even radiator hoses (which are actually still in very good shape, lol). Everything else has just been a few little things… 2 CCT’s (replaced with APE manual), 2 R/R’s, 2 clutch cables, 2 cooling fan blades, and a speed sensor. Really overall has been an EXTREMELY reliable bike…. never once let me down or left me stranded, and I still trust it to ride anywhere. My buddy Scott and I ride every weekend (dude with the maroon FZ1 if you watched the video towards the end), and this past weekend we logged about 536 miles in the mountains, weekend before that about 640…. still not even a hiccup

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Keep going….

Profile photo of speedynas
    speedynas
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Willie Nelson FTW

*Edit

And you cap it off with some Allman Brothers. You sir have good taste.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

you are one committed fellow! I havnt had a car longer then 10k miles but you saw yours to 200+k! thats truly impressive. I really didnt even know a bike can last for that long!

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

dude thats SICK! 200k+ miles on a bike is AMAZING! how many were on it when you bought it?

thirdgenlxi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Thanks!! Had 3 miles on it when I bought it October 17th, 2004…. it was a display model on the showroom floor for about a year or so (this was a HUUUUGE Honda powerhouse dealer, so a lot of the bikes were kept in crates in a big 6 story garage). Kind of a spontaneous purchase… well I was planning on getting a bike, but not right then, lol. It was my very first bike, never ridden before other than an old Honda dirtbike around my neighbors yard, lol. Looking back it was probably pretty stupid to go and buy a brand new bike for my first, but hey I guess hindsight is indeed 20/20, right?? It all worked out in the end though, and I couldn’t be happier with what I got. Definitely gotten my moneys worth, that’s for damn sure! hahah :mrgreen:

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

well you better NEVER get rid of her!!!! in the end, after retirement, that ENTIRE motorcycle could go mounted on my livingroom wall!!!!! LOL!

thirdgenlxi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

And on a side note…. the bike still has almost 200k LESS miles than my car does, LOL (426k… ’89 Honda Accord). It still runs great as well, though the body is rusting to hell (northern car). I didn’t put them all on though, it had 256k when I got it in July 2000

thirdgenlxi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Ohh no I’ll definitely never get rid of it…. ever. I already tell people when she finally dies, she’s going in my living room for decoration, hahah

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

haha, im talkin mounted up high son!!! in a glass case!!! lol..you take care of your stuff man, thats pretty dang admirable!

thirdgenlxi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Well that’s definitely not a bad idea either! But yea I’m a mechanic, so I guess I’m a little OCD about maintenance and taking care of my stuff, lol. But I like my stuff to last, as I can’t afford to buy new cars/bikes all the time (I really don’t know how some of these people do it). I like to buy it once and and just keep it until the wheels fall off before I buy another. I’m the same way with my lawnmower and weedeater as well (Mobil 1, PureOne filter, synthetic 2 stroke oil, etc), LOL

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Thats pretty damn amazing man. Good job. Keep up the great work!

Profile photo of faztbikez
    faztbikez
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thats one bike i never had ! I guess i started the wrong way i rember the f4 being the bike to chase good looking bike ride safe

thirdgenlxi
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Thanks guys…. definitely planning on running her until she just won’t go no more, lol. So far, not showing any signs of slowing down anytime soon!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.