Daily Words of Enlightenment

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Daily Words of Enlightenment

This topic contains 157 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jules jules 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Today is 4/25/12: I give you the Very First of this hopefully longstanding words of enlightenment, today will be a quote, they will not always be a quote sometimes thoughts inside my head, and please feel free to give your own words on any given day. However today is MY DAY and it is a quote……………

“I have often wondered how it is everyone loves himself more than the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinions of himself than the opinions of others.” -Marcus Aurelius

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

thats deep! looks like I have a new facebook status!

Profile photo of kpru
    kpru
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Good quote

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Amen to that.

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Quoting underworld eh? What is today’s quote?

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I find this quote very useful sometimes

“A man that knows how to do something will always have a job. The man who knows why its done will always be the boss.”

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I like that one

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@Roman good quote……Mine for the day is from a scottish philosopher by the name of David Hume it is his birthday so i found it a fitting lead into this……

“Nothing is more surprising than the easiness with which the many are governed by the few”

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thats good! you got some good quotes sir! Makes you think.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thank you for the most part i use the ones from work because i put a thought provoking quote up everyday for my students

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Today 4/27/12: south Africa held their first multiracial elections in 1994 today do who better to get an inspirational quote but Nelson Mandela:

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

We missed yesterday so I will throw these out there. I think they are appropriate for one of the reasons we get on the forums and share our own experience and wisdom. For me I was enlightened as to the mistakes I made (lowsiding in a ditch) AFTER watching “Twist of the Wrist II” If only I had studied it first. I was very lucky though.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
    It is good to learn what to avoid by studying the misfortunes of others. – Publius Syrius
    A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own. – Latin Proverb

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

We missed yesterday so I will throw these out there. I think they are appropriate for one of the reasons we get on the forums and share our own experience and wisdom. For me I was enlightened as to the mistakes I made (lowsiding in a ditch) AFTER watching \”Twist of the Wrist II\” If only I had studied it first. I was very lucky though.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein

It is good to learn what to avoid by studying the misfortunes of others. – Publius Syrius

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own. – Latin Proverb

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Awesome and thank you for picking back up where i left off…..missed yesterday due to some activities that involved consuming much alcohol and was sidetracked by picking up women so my apologies if it affected anyone i will make a better attempt next weekend to do it before i go out and unwind

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@ Hunter – Life without endeavor is like entering a jewel mine and coming out with empty hands. – Japanese Proverb So more power to ya. I got your back on the post haha

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@htown Okay, maybe we don’t label this as daily haha but here are some enlightening words all the same…

Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. – Cadet Maxim

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

haha true that on the labeling….love that quote btw….I was hoping more people would get involved and we could all share how we received some sort of enlightenment that day…..I know I receive some type of realization each day be it large or small

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

“tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt”

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@spdygak AMEN brother!

@ATX600rr haha I like that..

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you, and in this materialistic age a great many of us are possessed by our possessions.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

“Freedom is when the people can speak, democracy is when the government listens.” – Alastair Farrugia Happy Cinco de Mayo to everyone on the forum Drink Up, Be Safe and Have Fun but while your partying dont forget the true reason this is celebrated….a victory in L.A. by Juarez….although I do not have any hispanic in me, i understand how this eventually helped stop the french from having a stronger hold in what is now the U.S.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

In Honor of Babe Ruth hitting his very first home run Today. “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.”-Babe Ruth He has many good slogans some off color however this can be used for more than just baseball….enjoy the rest of your day and make things happen for today

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

In response to @qteter s post death by motorcycle

Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgment difficult.- Hypocrites

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Amen^^

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

very fitting

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

The first is in honor of Reggie Miller single handedly defeating the knicks and after my team lost to them at the end of the game last night nothing feels better than remembering that game……“No matter how good you are, there’s a lot of luck involved.”-Reggie Miller

And the second is for @Mactacular……When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Dont waste your time on that closed door brotha

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

In honor of Harry S. Truman being born we will receive our enlightenment today from him…….

“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.”-Harry S. Truman

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My mind is in a different place today! Mostly due to baby-mama-drama…

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Another day of baby-mama-drama- reminds me of this one…

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.