Deal's Gap 2017

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Deal's Gap 2017

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I am finally getting the chance to take a trip to Deal’s Gap. I will be heading down on July 26, spending 2 full days there, and heading back on July 29. Anyone who would like to join is more than welcome. The dates are set, but I’m just starting to look at accommodations. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Im always down for a trip to the gap! I’ll look at my vacation possibilities when the schedule becomes available in a few weeks.

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

the more, the merrier!

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The plan is to take 81 south to Maryville, TN on Wednesday and stay at the Dragon Pitt Inn(should be there by 11pm or so). Get up and run the tail on day 2, spend the night and then take 2 days to come back on the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. So far it’s just me and a buddy who lives around the corner from me. I love my F4i, but this is gonna be a trip for my ST1300. . .

Profile photo of lemarck234
    lemarck234
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’ve never been to the gap, but plan to make the trip this year. You gotta take the F4i!! How far north on 81 are you? I’m from the cleveland area.

JeanLemarck - Survival of the Squiddest

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ll be getting on where it intersects with 66, around Strasburg, VA. I’m coming from Northern Virginia. If I every take my F4i I’m gonna trailer it down. I’m toast after 2 hours of hwy riding on my F4i. The ST is awesome on the highway and the twistes. I’ve actually found that I ride harder on my ST than on my F4i. . . it’s kinda weird. When I run the mountains on my F4i I have at least an inch of chicken strips, but on my ST I run all the way up to the sidewall.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.