Death by motorcycle

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Death by motorcycle

This topic contains 33 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bacaboy69 bacaboy69 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

So I came home for my little sisters confirmation and all my family and extended family were there. Well my aunt has a friend who’s son I’ve met that just got in a motorcycle accident and ultimately died.
    Now here’s the part that just makes my emotions and thoughts confused: the kid just turned 21 and it was he first day on his new motorcycle. He was speeding all around the neighborhood and wrecked right in front of my aunts house, he limped back to his wrecked bike with a bloody arm and leg (bike landed on his leg). He then picked the bike up, jumped On and sped off. He crashed again just up the street into a fence and died… His helmet was on the opposite side of the road as him and his bike….

As sad as it is that he died, I can’t find myself to have any respect for the kid. To me he called his own death but my mother thinks its horrible to say.

Accidents do happen but to me the kid had no respect for the bike, no understanding of gear, and countless other issues… IMO he brought it on himself

Thoughts, feelings?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It’s hard to hear this, and Rest in Peace, but I wish people would actually learn before riding. Showing off just because you have access to a bike always results in some sort of accident. RIP

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I would agree that motorcycling does speed up the process of Natural selection…..the stronger, smarter ones survive. The weeker, lesser ones dont…….. Just a cold truth.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I find any loss of life sad … especially a young life, yes he was a fool but he was young and sounds like he got carried away. Maybe the shock of the first crash clouded his judgement, that together with being in pain and peed off about the bike.

The question is have you ever done anything really stupid when very young but by the grace of God are still here.

Jules

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

It is always tough to hear about someones loss and this case is no different…..it is too bad he did not realize how dangerous and powerful these bikes truly are if no respected and one would have hoped the first accident to send that message to him however he did not understand the warning and it cost him his life. He was not ready to own and operate a machine at this caliber and his death is his own fault. There are also many of people who have respected the sport/hobby and have also paid there lives so if anything this will help me continue to be even more defensive while on my bike. Thank you

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Well I’m younger than him lol he just turned 21..

The second accident may have been a bike failure from the first crash and it was possible it was suicidal or from lack of judgement as well.. But his helmet was no where near him which would suggest possible suicide or lack of proper equipment knowledge :/ I’m sure of it was someone closer to me it would have much more of an impact but for now it just keeps me aware that the amount of riders out there are just not ready.. My advice to starters is always get a bike you can handle a 250 is a great starting place and I am so thankful I went with my better judgement when I started riding (also had plenty of experience with my dirt bikes)… That natural selection point was pretty spot on, who woulda guess Darwin would pertain to motorcycles?

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Don’t get me wrong, I take the same risk everyday im on my bike but this risk is accounted for in my actions.. I do realize that at any point it could be my life .. IMO you truly should have a certain IQ and maturity to ride as it effects the decisions and actions you make

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

poor decisions lead to poor results…sorry to hear this, but I would have to agree with you Quint…I think he brought it upon himself, it doesnt even sound like he put his helmet back on after the first wreck…

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I bet you wen the bike landed on his leg it severed his main artery….. He blacked out and crashed…….

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

You know i actually thought the same thing when i read it the first time

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

First off he should have never gotten back on… Hell he should have never gotten on at all

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That really is sad and disappointing at the same time. I believe we all take a calculated risk every time we ride. Those with the maturity have sought out the MSF course or otherwise practiced to lower the risk. I know we don’t always ge the coaching we need at that young age or maybe he thought he knew better, so sad…

quote for the day

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

That main artery theory is interesting

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Bike landing on leg + main artery + blood = quick death…….

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

which means he most likely either passed out from loss of blood or died of blood loss prior to hitting the fence….if that was the case and he did sever his main artery he was pretty much a goner anyways unless he crashed into a hospital, landed on a gurney and the momentum carried him into surgery…or he had the awareness to use his belt to cut off the circulation until he could drive himself to a hospital….but in all seriousness i would be interested to find out actual cause of death

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

According to the story he hung around for a few moments on his first crash.. How long would it take to bleed tO death?

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@juliet im the product of the Grace of God. By looking at my bike you would have thought who ever was on it is defiantly in the ground or in the ICU.. only by the Grace of God i survived and nothing else. i had a little rash in both knees and my elbow.

who ever hasn’t read my story on .net heres the link

@qteter i completely agree with you when you say 250 for a first bike… I feel a big mistake for me was starting out with a 600 and even more so the RR.. I was actually gonna buy a 250 after my accident but found a great deal on my current 600rr… My brother talks to my about buying a bike and now i tell him first get a 250.. we didnt have the luxury of riding dirt bikes and other 2 wheelers so my last 600RR was my trainer..

As for the kid RIP! may God have mercy on his soul.. Always sad to hear such a thing.. Bet his parents are having a hard time forgiving themselves.. I’ll keep them in my prayers!

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Enough to get the bike up then drive off…

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Yea me 2 when you find out what the cause was please let us know.

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

He was buried today so I supposed I may never hear the cause of death

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Doesn’t hurt to ask…….

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Maybe I’ll ask tomorrow

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Update*** the autopsy is being done now… The kid was actually decapittated and there were no skid marks at the second accident

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

What a horrible, horrible way to leave this world.

Profile photo of jesssssss
    jesssssss
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

As sad as any loss of life is I feel more sorrow for his family and friends. He made the choice and get a bike and obviously was not mature enough to do so. His age should not be an excuse either becuase I am only a year older then he is and would never put my life in danger like he did with his. It sounds like he did sever his femoral artery which would only take a minute or so to lose enough blood to make you pass out. Dont get me wrong I dont want to offend anyone here but if you choose to act carelessly on a motorcycle I would have a hard time finding sympathy for you

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

We shall see what happened soon. The no skid marks support my therory.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Yes the actual cause of death may be decapitation however I still do think the loss of blood(no skid marks means potential non effort to stop) is probably the end to him….just a super sad thing to happen to anyone be it young or old.

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

So I’m guessing that his helmet didn’t fly off his head his head and helmet flew off his body and flew to the other side of the street…..

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

yes @bacaboy69

His mom strongly opposed the motorcycle and his dad from another state gave him a large amount of money for the bike. His sister has also had suicidal attempts…. the first accident could very much led him to commit suicide as well

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

wow.. people need to understand that life won’t always be so crapy.. I dont understand how people commit suicide.. if you dont like your life then do something about it.. dont just take yourself out of the equation.. math doesnt work like that!! his sister is probably a goner after this! and how can someone still want to be suicidal after just getting a new bike?? that was probably theee hapiest day of my life yet… I’m sure wedding day(night) and first child will beat that but for now im still happy i got my bike… helps me wake up with a smile on my face every morning :-D

@qteter is the dad beating him self up real bad for giving him the money and hows the mother doing?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.