Do you drink? If so.. What do you like?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Do you drink? If so.. What do you like?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gr8scape gr8scape 3 years ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m a tequila kind of person, I also like vodka though. I don’t usually like whiskey too much. I do like rum sometimes, and I picked this stuff up for a decent price, thought it couldnt be too bad.. And it’s not :-D Cheers.

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I am not a big drinker, but when I do drink once every 6 months I drink Hennessy XO its a great cognac, I keep it in the freezer it goes down so so smooth, a few glasses and I am DRUNK 0o

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hm that sounds good, Ill have to try it sometime.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@sdm1 what up G? XO is a gangster drink around here. I’ve actually never had it.
    @borderline4laska I am a scotch guy at heart. Jonnie blue or Jameson all the way.
    *DISCLAIMER* I quit drinking 8 years ago and could go on with crazy fun stories. In all reality it just came down to being responsible. My family always comes first now and for my girls sake to lead a good example. Now I just drink a pint at games or occasional gatherings. I do love the taste of most beers and prefer a dark, heavy, rich stout. A great Bloody Mary is necessary once in awhile also.

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@sdm1 Ive actually never had that either and its definetly a gangster drink when Tupac mentions it in every song, Lol.

@theredrocket thats some good taste you have there. Im right there with you as for the beer. I like a real dark stout also.

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@borderline4laska @theredrocket

Lol I am far away from being an “OG” a friend of mine gave me a few shots of it while I was working in Nigeria, its kinda pricey to buy for an every day drink $200.00 a bottle for the XO, you can find the VSOP for around $60.00, I have even seen a bottle of XXXO going for $3200. I have a bottle of XO unopened for a celebration drink after my wife is done giving birth and breast feeding.

As for beer when I was in USA it was of course Bud Light, here in Philippines I like the local beer San Miguel Light. I prefer smoke over drink, and havent smoked in years…. Sure do miss it sometimes, I hear they have some really good here I can see why a tropical island warm year round, high humidity, perfect weather for growing ;)

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I enjoy trying new beers and prefer the darker heavy beers. My favorite is from a local brewery called Phillips and their Double Chocolate Porter is amazing! I also like Bartenders Rootbeers (kahlua, Galliano and coke) and you can never go wrong with Tequila!

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Tequila- El Jimador Rep is our ‘house’ tequila and Milagro Rep is our fancy tequila. We squeeze our own key limes, add a little gran gala and agave syrup or OJ and its a nice margarita.

Profile photo of raven
    raven
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Irish coffee, w/Jameson and real cream. Heinekin, beerwise. If I was a rich man, I’d have an entire bar in my home, and go to bartending school! That would be an awsome experiment.

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Eh i could do without the cream but Im with you on the other stuff. Also with you on the bar thing, Id like to buy a super nice liquor cabinet and have anything anybody wanted in it.

I cant stand heinekin though, Lol. Not my thing.

Anybody ever drink st pauli girl? Its one of my favorites. I also like blue moon. :)

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m a die hard Jack Daniels fan. Gentlemen’s Jack is good too.. but no go on the Honey one.

I’ve recently started on Strongbow Cider.. super sweet but delicious.. but Jack is the go to.

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@cbr-f2 got me hooked on Summershandy. My blue moon with an orange. And I thought St. Pauli was non-alcoholic?

Profile photo of raven
    raven
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

St. Pauli is real beer, and good quality, too. I got really good with a .22 rifle, using the girl on the label for target practice. Her decolletage (cleavage) makes a good and enviting crosshair. We spent months, sitting by the (Kenai, Alaska) river, drinking and shooting. Good times with good beer.
    I just got a new job, and I’m going to celebrate tonight with a previously untried drink, hot chocolate with cinnamon schnapps.
    Anybody like sherry, or port? My Grandparents used to drink that stuff, sounds cool and old-school, thought about tryin’ it.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m more of a beer guy, and this sums it up in my house.

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

sherry and ports are too sweet for me. They are tasty but I can only handle small amounts before I start to dislike them.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My other choice would be Apple Pie Moonshine. We keep a quart in the shop…. just incase it get cold out there.

Profile photo of gr8scape
    gr8scape
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Scotch. Prefer Johnnie Walker and nothing lower than Double Black. Used to love the Green and Gold along with the Blue but they dropped the Green and Gold, so now it’s Double Black, Platinum or Blue.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.