Extended Swingarm for 1000rr — Ideas?

RideCBR.com Forums Specific CBR Model Discussions 1000rr Forum Extended Swingarm for 1000rr — Ideas?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m looking to extend my 1000rr, but not by much. Should I get a custom swingarm done, or is there a 4″ or 6″ kit out there that doesn’t cost $2k?

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

What are the benefits of extending the swing arm? I’ve seen drifters do this, and squids… Please tell. Thank you.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If you do it more than 4″ it’s just for show, harder to turn but you won’t wheelie when you gun it. I want mine to be 4″ over for show and go. I don’t need to wheelie the 1000rr, i’ll have a 600rr with a cage to do that with.

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

As long as you are able to ride well on the street, Admin. I’ve seen a lot of extended swing arms on CL, where some looked unfinished and home made…

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DONT EXTEND A CBR! extensions are for gsxrs bro…dont ruin that cbr!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wait until you see my setup, you won’t say that.. I already have the swingarm, it’s 3.5″ over, and i’ve ridden a few with the same kit and it runs fantastic.

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

When do you think you’ll have it completed? It sounds like it is going to be awesome.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Bike is currently in storage, waiting for paperwork to finalize to pick it up. Hoping a couple weeks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.