F3 Fairings

This topic contains 26 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of saturnv saturnv 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@juniorg1983 Welcome to the club!

I’ve got the same problem as the question you asked about fairings. Based in UK and the best price I can find to replace my F3 fairing in the same colour etc is £426, about 600 US Dollars.

Check out Extreme Fairings and others via Google but I guess mostly the same price – then some of the decals ain’t included so that’s another $80-100 – also the heat resistant foam – not even tried to source that yet!

At least they are new and made to order whereas the Ebay ones maybe used and seem more costly just for a few panels…

Ask @admin he may have a better solution – I’ll post a Member Build Thread of my project when I get round to replacing it too lol.

Hope this helps!

Profile photo of starlightrr
    starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

@saturnv What has happened to your fairings?

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It’s a sad situation but firstly I dropped bike in the garage but that was only minor damage. Then more serious damage when I lost control on a bend and me and the bike slid down the road on right side and that also dented exhaust can and broke front right indicator… will send pics lol

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Oh, that is a real shame…it was in such lovely condition too. I do hope you manage to fix her back up as good as new, maybe just keep scanning eBay for really good OEM panels in the right colours as and when they come up… 😀

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hey @starlightrr Too late, have already ordered a whole new fairing lol. Not cheap at £426 plus £50 for 4 decals (the CBR ones rhs & lhs and the 600F ones too. You can find the individual panels in the same colour scheme but few & far between and bloody expensive like £250 each so I decided to bite the bullet and replace the lot… Also got a new exhaust can from Wemoto for £180 which is really good, it’s made by Marving in black chromium and looks really solid :)
    What I might do next is get a body shop to repair and spray the damaged rhs fairing then apply the black stripy decals to really get the original look back but it won’t come cheap I guess…

starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I would love to see pics of the new fairings and exhaust if you have some? 😀

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The fairing hasn’t arrived yet but I’ll post pics of exhaust shortly…

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

The exhaust looks great, and looks like the OEM one…so that will be nice in keeping the bike still looking stock :-)

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Yes that’s what I thought too – dunno why I didn’t do this last time instead of getting that old Ebay one and refurbing it – save a bit of money I suppose but spent a lot of time on it. Oh well can always fill it and respray again to keep as a spare or sell on Ebay :wink:

starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I wonder how the heat will affect the filler though?
    Although I don’t think the end can gets that hot…

Do you have any images of the fairings from the site you bought them off? :)

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hi @starlightrr,
    Actually it DOES get pretty hot after a run (even in winter) hot enuf to cure the B&Q BBQ spray paint that my mate advised me to use lol. I’m crap at body repair work and never even used filler before but guess you’re right if it isn’t fit for high temps it could break down and crack…

Was checking the delivery date of fairings on Extreme Fairings website and noticed the small print ‘despatched directly from our factory in China and could take 3-4 weeks from order date’ but here’s the killer:’expect to pay import duty c. £30-40 direct to fedEx courier on delivery’

Oh shite I hadn’t seen that line before, but I suppose everything is made in China nowadays :(

Will find the link to fairing colour scheme asap but in the meantime take a look at my first attempt at spray painting (temp cosmetic makeover fix on can :)

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Too bad I didnt see this post earlier. I found a manufacturer from China that provides them to all of the fairing sellers in US & UK. I have already bought a set and they are amazing, no issues with fitment they look great and come with just about any color you want. I know a lot of people dont care for the typical China fairing provider however I would recommend them to anyone that wants a set. You can see the post below was my write up on them.

http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/fairings-from-china-found-the-manufacture/

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

OMG – yes I wish I’d found that manufacturer myself – usual story though, us Brits paying the same in £’s as US $’s :poundinghead:

starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Don’t be mad Tim, just think about how nice your bike is going to look with all new bodywork and a nice new end can, it will look like new :)

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

True and it’s too late to cancel the order now so what’s done IS done…

I’m footing the bill for all of this partly cos of excess on insurance but mainly cos I hate claiming then you get years of hassle on all your car and bike quotes just for the sake of saving a few hundred quid lol

It will be a lesson to me to get advanced training and practice the concepts of corners, i.e. slow in fast out, low gears and vanishing points – Oh and NEVER panic with front brake when leaning over :cry:

Profile photo of kerosene
    kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Tim, What are your plans with the old fairings? I am still searching for some fairings for my f3 and could fix up anything that’s broken/scratched. Shoot me a PM, maybe we can find a good compermise

Alan

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If anyone needs fairings, my brother just started a fairing shop online. Website coming soon but PM me for pics and pricing, have 100s of options.

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My new fairings have been manufactured now and on the way from China – pics below :)

http://i.imgur.com/RFyXfPk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h4aF5N3.jpg

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ve compared the old and new exhausts and the dimensions of the new one are slightly smaller (shorter) than the original but the distances between fixing hanger point and stand bracket are the same and the pipe that meets the rest of the exhaust (downpipe section), so hopefully that’s the important thing! Proof of the pudding will be when I attempt to fit it of course, but that won’t be done until the fairings actually arrive. Not long now :)

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

ARRGGH!!!

Never buying fairings online again unless they’re OEM ones…

Out of 8 main panels I received from Extreme Fairings 5 were damaged – paintwork chips, scratches, plastic tabs snapped off etc. So their Quality Control ain’t great! To be fair though their customer service seems ok (think they’re located in UK although the factory is in China) and they’ve been responding to emails and helpful, etc. They’ve basically offered to send me new panels for all the damaged ones (that was after I demanded a FULL REFUND lol) – but then I realised that I’ll have to pay Customs Charges again when I receive these from China so they’ve said they’ll refund those to my card too which is reasonable and decent answer I suppose. Next problem (which I hadn’t realised before) is that the paint scheme on the panels (black stripes and yellow background) won’t lie up with the ones on the tank :( but they’ve offered to send me a matching tank cover – only solution really but drifting away from my lovely original F3 now and I’m getting sad :(

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

That’s unfortunate mate, sounds like bad luck. Sorry to hear about it, that’s why I prefer OEM, at least I don’t have to worry about all the other crap.

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Actually have an update to post now – Extreme Fairings have sent me more panels which arrived in the UK from China via Hong Kong one June 1st but can you believe they’ve taken 13 DAYS to clear Customs and notify me of the charges. Going to collect them from the depot tomorrow so watch this space for damage report lol, but I’m hoping and praying that they’re all in perfect condition this time… If not I’ve had enough and I’ll be demanding a FULL REFUND from Extreme and either wait for OEM fairings in the right colour scheme to turn up on Ebay (probably never) or try & get my damaged ones repaired and painted. To be fair though Extreme have just kept their word and issued a card refund to me for the latest customs charges and their customer service has been good so far. Trouble is I cannot afford to wait a month every time their factory screws up :(

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Take some photos so everyone can see the ones they sent and the ones you receive now. People would be happy to know what kind of quality it is, how it looks, etc.

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sure will do – already got pics of the faulty panels but let’s wait until I get the new ones (& make sure they’re 100%) before I post photos…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.