Financial Doom – you are witnessing the fall of an empire.

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse Financial Doom – you are witnessing the fall of an empire.

This topic contains 176 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jules jules 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin please delete the fishfryer imposter, note ‘trainingwheels’.

As far as what the fake fishfryer said, he is only partially right, Canada and New Zealand will be fine, Australia too,

To the imposter fishfryer, nice posts, I can see you are trying. Yes, you know nothing of economics, or probably peeing while standing, but I do appreciate the effort. Countries with raw materials will be fine, demographics matter too.

Look up American Hegmony, that puts the reason for anti-u.s. sentiment in perspective.

Profile photo of cbrclassic
    cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Sheesh !
    It is threads like this, that make me realize that myself and my misses moving back to the country and totally off the grid (no power , no outside connections of any type) , was a good choice

:mrgreen:

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

To the fake fishfryer.

You know nothing.

You should try to put the energy you dedicate to being an asshole to being more productive, if you can’t be productive, at least try to be wealthy. People like you complain and try many different things searching for the place where being an asshole helps in your career. Obviously you have tried many things..

I’m an ex-high school dropout/punk kid/restaurant worker/factory worker/salesman/construction worker/college student/police officer/father-figure/bartender/entrepreneur/tax-payer/business man and weekend thrill-seeker.

So, you have failed at everything you have tried? You may want to focus on being positive, it sounds like your negative attitude has permeated your life and everything you have attempted. What i have learned is that people that enjoy being a douche, people that expend energy at being a douche have had so few successes in life that they try to make themselves feel better by getting any reaction from people. It doesn’t matter to them if it is positive or negative. You are starved for contact with people whose lives you can impact to garner a reaction, you just don’t care what type of reaction it is.

Let me guess, you are not in a successful relationship with a member of the opposite sex? You probably had one or more parents with some sort of addiction? You never played a team sport or if you did it was never varsity level or you quit halfway through the season.

I have met many people like you, it is a shame that you have let your upbringing and genetics take a good life from you. Just because you are a dick it doesn’t mean you can’t change. One premise of behavior modification that I like to encourage people to do is to live like you think will promote health and happiness even though it is not in your nature. Just pretend it is for a few months, this will form new habits and new reinforcements, after that these reinforcements from positive interactions with people will spread to other parts of your life.

Even though you are a douche and have probably come from a long line of douches, you can break the cycle of doucheness and join the ranks of the normal people. Even though you are a failure at life, you can change it, you don’t have to be an asshole forever.

But my guess is you will continue to fail at life and careers. Life is harder today than 25 years ago and your time has passed. There are 100 guys looking to step on you on their way up. While you are being a childish douche, they are passing you in the game of life. Enjoy poverty and loneliness, you deserve it, I’ll be thinking about you next week when I am in the Caribbean enjoying some scuba diving, sailing and general fun while you sit at home in your underwear thinking of new fake screen names and eating cheap non-boars head hot dogs that don’t even snap when you eat them.

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

SMH, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@thebearded1 said:
    SMH, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

Look at the ridecbr points. :wink:

cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Ask and she will receive

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@fishfryer said:
    Look at the ridecbr points. :wink:

Oh, I know. What kind of d-bag jacks someones screen name? And then spouts off about the multiple failures in their life? And then brags about it?

The real fishfryer actually provides stimulating conversation and valid points.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ah Beard… you are too kind.

Back to financial doom, This blog/article sums up my worries about our dollar. It is much of the same stuff I have been writing about for a few years, but it shows the rapid progression of China’s currency with some handy links.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1578602-china-maneuvers-to-take-away-u-s-dominant-reserve-currency-status?source=yahoo

Seeking Alpha is not a great source to quote, it is just really people like you and me, but it does come up with some interesting points of view you will never hear of from the main stream media.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer – Fish , ive been reading quite a few articles about how pensions are weighing very heavy on all of the large cities due to the large amount of retired people. This is becoming too great for the cities budgets to handle . What do you think will happen to all of these retired people that will suddenly loose all of their retirement? I see a bleak outcome for these people , is retirement becoming a thing of the past? Sadly i see myself working till the day i die , there is just not enough money at the end of the month to make a difference for us in our 40’s. If the retirement age climbs to 80 , there just wont be to many people make it to that age to even start to collect. Sweet dreams to retirement?

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam

I expect the pensioners of Detroit will be made whole, the way they do it is simple, they print up money that will have to be paid back some day in the future. The problem is very scary because the people that will have to pay it off and suffer are those that have never received any benefit of it. There is an economist named Meredith Whitney that predicted this a few years ago, what has postponed it is the $85 Billion per month of money that is presently being printed up. She expected up to 100 municipalities would be bankrupt by now. There have only been 5 or 6 decent size bankruptcies so far.

If you listen to the financial news and hear the word ‘taper’, they are talking about spending less than $85b/m, if this happens you will see the economy slow, jobs become harder to get, more municipalities going broke, and taxes go up. If they print more to keep the economy going, they will destroy the dollar, lower our standard of living and basically collapse the system (in several years).

There is no way to avoid any of the problems because too many Americans receive government assistance and they vote. The power of the vote is interesting, people don’t vote for what is best for the country in the long term, they vote for people who is best for them in the short term. While I am not an Obama fan, I look back on the presidents I can remember and the last one worth a crap was Nixon, before that was probably Calvin Coolidge.

No I don’t see people retiring, I see them living with their children, I see everyone being overtaxed, underpaid and generally living in worse conditions than today. You can see the writing on the wall but also you can look at the average age of cars in the U.S., it is 11.4 years. That means many cars are much, much older. Yes they are made to run longer, but people like new cars and they aren’t buying them. What they are buying is really stupid stuff like data plans, Netflix, cable, cell phone plans, satellite TV, iTunes, and just basic bullshit like clothing you don’t need.

I just spent a week in the Dominican Republic, there were very few Americans, all south Americans, French, and Russian. Americans are poor, we are poor because we don’t produce enough to export, we are a nation of consumers of foreign goods. Our government prints $85b/month, of that $40 goes out as a trade deficit the other $45 goes to banks which people hope goes to reinflating the housing bubble.

I truly think we are fucked.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If the entire state of Cali gubment is going bankrupt, isn’t counting a bunch of cities in CA going bankrupt double counting?

cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

The answer is , just move country guy’s :mrgreen:

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer said:
    I think we are going to see something interesting very soon. Iran will be banned from using SWIFT http://www.swift.com/ to get paid for their oil from most countries (almost all oil is traded in dollars and we control them). They claim to have set up another method.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-27/iran-has-set-up-alternative-to-swift-press-tv-says-citing-bank.html

This all happens very soon, Russia has stated they will defend Iran and Syria from aggression, we recently overthrew Quadaffi in Libya, and we are destabilizing Syria and next is Iran. Mr Obama has been spending A BUNCH OF MONEY on his little quiet wars.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-federal-government-budget-registers-125-billion-deficit-181352070–business.html

So now Russia is arming Syria. http://www.capradio.org/news/npr/story?storyid=154857860 and has pledged to defend Iran. http://www.therightscoop.com/russia-ready-to-defend-iran-and-syria/

While this all sounds very Nostradamas or Mayan 2012, my answer is simple, prepare for something to happen, because it is. And the U.S. will be a worse place to live (even if we win).

It looks like war with Syria is coming, note my post from a year ago, this was all evident back then, but they needed a ‘reason’ beyond just oil. This is where the Chemical Weapons attack came from, it was either a false flag attack or an outright lie

This was all telegraphed 4 years ago

For this aim, I think a gas pipeline between Turkey and Qatar would solve the issue once and for all,” Mr Erdogan added, according to reports in several newspapers. The reports said two different routes for such a pipeline were possible. One would lead from Qatar through Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq to Turkey. The other would go through Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria and on to Turkey. It was not clear whether the second option would be connected to the Pan-Arab pipeline, carrying Egyptian gas through Jordan to Syria. That pipeline, which is due to be extended to Turkey, has also been proposed as a source of gas for Nabucco.”

http://www.thenational.ae/business/energy/qatar-seeks-gas-pipeline-to-turkey

So, as you see, this stuff is pretty simple. It is all about oil and oil is all about the dollar. This is something that is fact, but I would say less than 1% of the people know it. If you tell people, they’ll think you need a tin foil hat.

Anyway… Lets see if Obama goes and kills some more people, so far Saudi and Qatari mercenaries have been acting as rebels, 100,000 people have died so far.

Maybe next year we finish the Egypt civil war that we started.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Poland is broke. They just took private accounts and made them state accounts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/04/poland-pensions-idUSL6N0H02UV20130904

Funny stuff.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Syria is just postponed.

This you have to watch, at least the first few minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAWzvtVJA5A

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If you have been watching the news you may have heard that the Federal reserve did not taper. What that means is that the goverment is still printing $85 billion per month to keep the economy afloat. This has been going on for a long time. What it will do in the near term is help the stock market at the expense of everyone else. After that is will get ugly.

It will not work. Historically, every country that has tried this has failed.

Save your money, dont piss it away on a new bike or a slip on or carbon fiber crap. Save your money, the rainy day will be with us very soon. 2016 at the latest.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The insanity continues.

We are currently bumping up against the debt ceiling. This has happened 70+ times in history, it is always raisedto accomodate more spending and more debt.

The reason to keep spending is simple, every ponzi scheme needs new money being put into it or else it collapses.

The reason to stop spending is simple, the more debt we take on means the more debt we have to pay back. Currently the interest and rollover on the debt is about 30 cents on every dollar we take in. Next month we have another $400 billion coming due.

So, we are damned if we do, or damned if we dont.

Fun stuff.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer my uncle posted this on Facebook. Have you seen it? Now I have not spent the proper time reading this thread mostly because it all scares me and I’m not one to take what I read or hear verbatim, but I am curious if you know of this guy or heard him before.

Stansberry Research

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Porter Stansberry has been writing about the next collapse for a while. I believe he was one of the first guys warning about the subprime housing meltdown.

He is a bit of an alarmist, but i agree with much of what he says. The thing is the timing, it wont collapse tomorrow, but it could in 3 years. That is the scary part.

You should watch the video, it is scary stuff. It will make you wonder about things. Itll also make you realize there is a whole load of stuff out there you should pay attention to.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Good deal. It’s an hour and a half so I’ll pave myself. I’ll get after this thread too. Thanks for the input.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@spdygak

This one is longer but will freak you out even more.

http://www.peakprosperity.com/crashcourse

The Stansberry video may get boring, he repeats himself. The peak prosperity one is broken up into chapters, some are very short.

Really, this stuff is fucking scary, kind of hard to believe. I believe some of it.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

If you have read this thread and its predecessor on the old forum, you will remember that the main worry has been a loss of the reserve status of the dollar. Reserve status is a priveledge, it means the world’s central banks and major companies store their wealth and transfer funds in a particular currency. That currency needs to be stable and hold that currency should be WITHOUT RISK. What we have done is we have been flooding the world with dollars, these dollars are printed by our government for two reasons, 1) to keep the world ‘liquid’ and 2) to raise our standard of living. The first reason is the main part of the job, the second has caused our debts and deficits to rise out of control and is creating worry in other parts of the world.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/513431/20131013/china-debt-ceiling-shutdown-xinhua-de-emericanised.htm

Basically China is saying the world is too reliant on a dysfunctional government’s currency. Remember in 2008 we nearly melted down the world’s banks. Given the amount of credit out there, banks are actually very important.

Point being, the shit is getting ugly. Expect it to get much uglier. We have some time, but my guess is 2016 will be the start of huge changes that will impact you and me.

kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m sensing you’re not too optimistic about our future lol

? for you; if you had been long term investing in stocks (not individual but index) and rode it out through all the highs and lows would you personally pull out little by little or continue until doom or glory? I know your thoughts on better investments (gold, etc…) but leave the alternatives out of the equation for now and assume a scenario of just stay in or hide it under a mattress with no other options on the table just for theoretical sake.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I like stocks, I think they will be good until the next big problem, my guess is 2016. Recessions usually coincide with presidential cycles. We are in a depression now, not a recession, but the money printing makes is seem better than it is. Soon there will be a recession, then we have a recession in a depression. That’s bad.

As far as stocks, we had downturns in 1999 and 2008, but they were brought a bought by high interest rates used to slow the economy. These are boom, bust cycles. When interest rates are rising, it is initially ok for stocks, but then the rates slow the economy. Somewhere during that time you sell stocks and buy bonds. Then you wait until rates to fall and then the economy is supposed to pick up. That is the basics to making money. If you own a bond paying 7% then rates fall! your bond is worth more luckily stocks are cheaper then, so you sell bonds and buy stocks and wait for the uptick.

Today is different, the stock market is up, but the average person is not getting a job, this is not a typical downturn. This is similar to a depression. Our government is printing up money to buy bonds to keep rates down hoping to spur the economy, but we are Ina liquidity trap. There is plenty of money out there, but it is having no effect.

So at this time, you have to own stocks, but take your profits and diversify. Pay off debt, buy gold, keep some cash. Don’t think you are making more money so you can buy more stuff, it is not that kind of economy like we had in the 1990s or 2002. This one is very, very different.

cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@kewlbreeze said:
    I’m sensing you’re not too optimistic about our future lol

What future ?
    Everyone knows it is the meteor strike , followed by a large out of control spin into a fvcked up orbit , then swallowed up by the endless dark matter and finished off with a very quick rather nasty end , sucked into a big arse black hole !!! :-)

Me thinks that all this financial stuff as per usual will sort it’s self out one way or the other in it’s own good time ….
    This fvcked up world wide system we all use and try to survive in , with it’s reliance on constant growth , increased profit margins and endless expansion will keep re birthing it’s self for some time to come before any country like America goes belly up guy’s ….

If you are unlucky to live till around 150-250years old , you may be around to see it’s slow fvcked up demise , but me tinks that we , the people living in it now , are sort of safe for quite a while .. :-)

but for now , that’s it from me for now at least ……
    so , it’s back to our usual programing …

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think for you in Australia things are OK. You guys work and export, our country has to import more and more just to flood the world with dollars to support the world economy. Our country is trying new and inventive ways to give money away to its citizens, this is why there is so much welfare and it is growing.

kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer said:
    Our country is trying new and inventive ways to give money away to its citizens

True but the real problem is not giving away money, it’s giving away more money than every before in history when you already owe trillions more than ever before. Helping the needy is a good thing and what this country was built on but we are not helping we are compounding and creating more needy. The middle class is quickly (and already has in many cases) being forced down several notches in economic class through no fault of their own and the gap between wealthy and poor widening is a recipe for disaster. Higher COL, lower pay, lower work hours, owing trillions and now adding higher costs to middle class health care to pay for those that can’t afford it is going to make things even worse if that’s possible. Where is that unicorns, candy and rainbow girl, we really need her here.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@kewlbreeze

http://lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=Triffin-dilemma

Robert triffin described this issue decades ago. YOU ARE 100% CORRECT in what you wrote. Our currency will fail because we have to print so much for the world to use, if we dont print, we collapse today, if we print, we collapse in the future. Either way we collapse. Hence, triffin’s dilemma.

So how do you protect yourself? Thats easy, the problem is it could be tomorrow or in 10 years. I think 3 years it starts getting very scary.

fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

An interesting thing happened recently, China overcame the United States as the worlds largest energy imported. With that comes the amount of leverage over the worlds oil producers. Given that oil is traded in American dollars, the strength of the dollar is based in our military, but the use of it to buy oil.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/the-growing-rift-with-saudi-arabia-threatens-to-severely-damage-the-petrodollar/

This is the big domino, should Saudi state taking yuan in addition to dollars, we will see an acceleration of our problems.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 177 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.