For All the Car Audio Heads Here

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse For All the Car Audio Heads Here

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of hoosier1104 hoosier1104 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hoosier1104
    hoosier1104
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

This is my current set up.

(2) Sundown Audio SA 8’s running off a Kicker ZX 500.1 amp. Each sub can handle 500W RMS @ 2 ohms. My amp puts out 500W RMS @ 2 ohm stable, which is what I am doing. Each sub is getting about 250W RMS right now. The goal was not to be load, more depth was the goal, but it ended up loud.

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I used to have a 1000w blaupunkt amp with one 15in kicker Cvr comp! That was loud! I had it hooked into a yellow top optimum battery! Best battery ever!

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Nicely done sir!

This was my setup for a while:

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

crash:
    Nicely done sir!

This was my setup for a while:

That’s sick! Is that a jbl?!

Profile photo of flycbr
    flycbr
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Nice….similar to mine….got 2 jl audio amps, 2 kicker 12’s, 4 celestion 6’s,4 jl audio tweeters and an Eclipse head unit w/nav…2 jaguar 7 inch headrest monitors in my Jaguar X-Type….gotta learn how to post pics!!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

flycbr:
    Nice….similar to mine….got 2 jl audio amps, 2 kicker 12′s, 4 celestion 6′s,4 jl audio tweeters and an Eclipse head unit w/nav…2 jaguar 7 inch headrest monitors in my Jaguar X-Type….gotta learn how to post pics!!

@flycbr Post pics how to

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@qteter Those amps of @crash are JL Audio but the sub I can’t tell. My best system was 2 Kicker 12s and a PPI amp but that was waaay back in the day. I’ve had Kicker, Alpine, MTX, Audiovox and everything in between. I used to install stereos and build custom boxes and do autostarts and alarms and all that for friends. Here is some fun stuff we have done:
    ’73 convertible Mercedes. I added the false floor to cover the amp and the 6x9s in a removable box and a cigarette lighter adapter to charge his phone
    Photobucket

Here we did a ’02 Silverado- two amps between 2 Pioneer 10s and no it wasn’t an extended cab *tight!*
    PhotobucketPhotobucket

Here is a ’01 Jeep with a couple Alphasonic 8s 3 amps under the seat and new speakers all around
    PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Good work!

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@qteter

That setup was (1) 300/4 JL Slash Amp (1) 500/1 JL Slash Amp (2) 7″ Alpine Screens (1) Pioneer 7″ 6 disc in-dash dvd/nav (1) JL W6 Sub (2) Sets of Focal PS Series 6.5 Components Custom dash work for the Onstar/Radio Kit (Stupid GM) and False Trunk with fiberglass sub box.

Clean tight work! @spdygak !

hoosier1104
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hopefully this is better quality than the first one.

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Videos never do justice

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

not unless you have subs hooked up to your computer….

hoosier1104
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I did a small demo for my neighbors and they thought I had a single 15″ back there. They were surprise to find (2) small 8’s in the back. The looks on their faces was priceless. :evil:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.