George Zimmermann / Trayvon Martin Case

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse George Zimmermann / Trayvon Martin Case

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mactacular mactacular 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

What do you guys think of the Zimmermann/Martin case? I just read that Zimmermann recieved over $204,000 in donations so far.. How can you donate to Zimmermann when all the evidence shows that he was in the wrong and he didn’t stand his ground but pursued the “suspect” with no legal ground, and with a gun.

What are people thinking sending him money?

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’m not disagreeing with you On the fact that it is unbelievable that people are sending him money, but I’m not getting involved in this one because not all the facts are in and I cOmpletely disagree with the way Martin has been portrayed in this case(all of the pictures of him are from him being 13 or so) and enjoy having the right to protect myself

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I do as well. He was a well build young man, who played sports almost daily and is stronger than being portrayed. I am just beside myself that people will openly give money to him when not knowing all the facts. I have my own opinion because the stand your ground law doesn’t cover if you’re in a foot pursuit, with a gun, chasing someone down.

You should be able to protect yourself. If Trayvon came to the car and started to try and steal his car, or just jumped him on the street, then yes, but not after the police dispatcher comes on and said we don’t need you to follow this kid, and then he continues to do so, and shoots him.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Agree completely….do they have the stand your ground law in NC?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

For North Carolina:

On December 1, 2011, North Carolina’s new law regarding the use of deadly force against an intruder took effect, extending the use of deadly force to motor vehicles and places of work. The law also eliminates the duty to retreat and provides protection from criminal and civil liability.[28]

§14-51.2. Home, workplace, and motor vehicle protection; presumption of fear of death or serious bodily harm.
    (a) The following definitions apply in this section: (1) Home. – A building or conveyance of any kind, to include its curtilage, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed as a temporary or permanent residence. (2) Law enforcement officer. – Any person employed or appointed as a full-time, part-time, or auxiliary law enforcement officer, correctional officer, probation officer, post-release supervision officer, or parole officer. (3) Motor vehicle. – As defined in G.S. 20-4.01(23). (4) Workplace. – A building or conveyance of any kind, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, which is being used for commercial purposes.

If you actually read through that, you can’t be pursuing a “suspect” that is unarmed and claim this for your defense. The law is meant for homes in general, like if someone busts through your door and you blow him away, you’re okay, but not randomly on the street after following someone.

If Zimmermann followed me and asked me what I was doing, he’d get a middle finger and some flavorful comments too.

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Im gonna have to google this one. In Tx I have the right to use deadly force to defend my home or car or myself anywhere if lawfully carring. The thing is you can’t shoot someone in the back as at that point im pretty sure they are defenseless and the situation has desculated from deadly to possibly passive agressive in a use of force model.

Profile photo of rrider
    rrider
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Even cops cant shoot you in the back. What would you do if your hood was being disrupted and you think you see one of the perps? Would you wait for the police who dont usually get there in time (not there fault) usually or would you confront the person? I dont think he had any reason to shoot but only he and God know what happened. I hope we never have to make that decision.

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I honestly think all evidence is pointing to Zimmermans favor…especially the unreleased evidence of stolen property being found in trayvon martins bedroom from some of the 11 previous break-ins in Zimmermans neighborhood that was 2 miles away from trayvons house…

just cause he had skittles and an arizona tea in his hand doesnt make him innocent…

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I want to see what the real evidence points to, not just what people say on the news.. They are all guessing. Official evidence won’t be disclosed until the trial, and the prosecutor already said there is “a great deal of evidence” yet to be seen by the public which influenced her decision to have him arrested in the first place.

Big nail biter nation wide..

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I just hate how the media portrays stuff, why not show the most recent pictures of trayvon, and the most recent pictures of zimmerman? oh thats right…because that would be fair…zimmerman was wearing a suit and tie, and trayvon was shooting double birds showing the camera his “grill”

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Zimmermann also has a large police record, shouldn’t have pursued him, especially not with a gun. But until we see all the evidence, we’re all just speculating.. And trayvon was a young kid, I know kids that put pictures of them holding guns and pretending to smoke blunts in pictures on Facebook, but in real life they’d never do any of that.

I really hate mainstream media, I have to watch BBC to get an accurate account of what’s going on. Don’t even get me started on Fox (Faux) News lol

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

“large police record” 2 arrests over 15 years ago…both misdemeanors..

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

According to the reports i’ve seen and heard about, they were reduced to misdemeanors, but also had a few other infractions that weren’t charged. It’s just another point the prosecution can use, regardless of how long ago it was and regardless of what I think about it. I can’t imagine what other evidence she’s got that hasn’t been released yet.

Guess i’ve gotta go read up a bit more on their histories.. (Another reason why the news sucks, same reports over and over again and if they are wrong, it doesn’t matter.. it’s reported anyway.)

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

good thing according to the constitution, all of that has been expunged and none of it can be held against him ;)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.