God is in the Detail (AMPP full product review)

RideCBR.com Forums Aftermarket Part Discussion Official Site Reviews God is in the Detail (AMPP full product review)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ampp ampp 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

AMPP full product review by Juliet Jameson.

http://www.amppmoto.com/

I have always loved the detailing and polishing of vehicles, whether that be my bikes or cars. My dad used to buy and sell classic cars and bikes, and when I was very young he taught me how to detail a vehicle properly. He was always telling me you can polish money into any vehicle. It doesn’t matter what jobs need doing or what restoration work is required, if the car is shiny and properly detailed, then it sells for more money and easily. Indeed it was the polishing and cleaning of vehicles I enjoyed the most … I really took to it and in the end even dad called me a ‘fussy knickers’ ..lol I just loved taking a dull older car and spending all day cleaning and polishing it inside and out, to some it’s work, to me it was simply therapeutic, free and easy to do but such startling results when done properly.

So, when Admin from RideCBR.com sent me these new products from AMPP to test I couldn’t wait to try them out on my bikes as I’m always looking for the ultimate shine, something that gives me a real depth of shine. I love to experiment with different polishes and see what shines the best, the most easily and also will endure.

Here are the three AMPP products on test, from left to right we have the Motosuds, Motoquick, and the Motobuff.

Starting with Motosuds. AMPP say:
    Need the perfect clean? Safely wash away dirt, road grime, fuel spills and acid rain that can slowly damage your motorcycle if not washed off regularly. AMPP™ MotoSuds provides a clear, clean shine while cleansing and conditioning all the surfaces of your motorcycle.
    With a near neutral pH level* AMPP™ MotoSuds is safe and gentle to your motorcycle rinsing away dust, dirt and grime. Works in hard or soft water so you get the same results every time, a super clear shine. It’s also biodegradable making it safe for the environment.

So, you can use the Motosuds like any other car or bike shampoo by simply adding a few capfuls to a bucket of warm water and gentle washing the bike’s bodywork with a soft brush. I also wanted to test it’s ability on the more grimy areas of a bike and one of my ways of cleaning a bike this way is to pour some capfuls into a beaker of warm water and use an old soft paintbrush to work the more concentrated cleaner into all the nooks and crannies.
    You can see the grimy area on my F3 in the first picture, followed by the application of the Motosuds and then finally it rinsed off to leave a clean and streak free finish.
    Remember you can always use an engine degreaser like Gunk to clean the more grimy or oily bits but I wanted to tests the Motosuds ability on some of the lower dirtier sections of the bike. I think the pics speak for themselves.

F3 before application of Motosuds.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Motosuds worked into the grimy areas with a soft brush.

Finally Motosuds rinsed off to leave a clean, streak free finish.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Motobuff

Once a motorcycle is thoroughly clean and dried off then that is the time to apply the various polishes and conditioners. Just a quick word of advice here from an old ‘fussy knickers’ ..lol, never, ever polish a dirty or a very dusty bike without washing the dirt and grime off first. You are only going to end up scratching the paint with the more hardier bits of grime and even the dust and dirt is going to put those scratchy, swirly patterns in your paintwork that show up in bright light. Polishing is always best done after washing and when the bike has dried.

AMPP says:
    MotoBuff is the foundation for an incredible looking motorcycle.
    This extreme shine, motorcycle polish formula will deep condition removing any surface contaminants like dust, dirt, tar and fuel residue while filling hairline scratches and swirl marks. This cleansing action smoothes and seals the surface to prevent future damage from extreme sunlight, fuel spills, tar and other damaging elements. All that is left behind is a luxurious shine with supreme depth and clarity.

So, taking the Motobuff and either apply it directly to a cloth and rubbing it in to your paintwork or pouring a drop or two on the paint and then simply rubbing it in until you have a nice even coating on your paintwork. Not too heavy as that is just wasteful of a good product but enough that it dries to a nice milky residue. Once it has had time to dry then simply buff off with a soft cloth to a brilliant shine. It’s very straight forward to use and like any other polish you simply rub it in and buff off to a shine.

Motoquick

Once all the paintwork has been polished and protected in this way then you can use the Motoquick to follow up on the other items like hoses, black plastics, vinyl seats etc to give them a new like appearance too.

AMPP say:
    Get a showroom shine between stops with AMPP™ MotoQuik. The simple way to keep that freshly polished look when you’re away from home or want to get on the road fast.
    This formula was designed to provide a super clear shine and protection from the daily riggers of riding. Simply spay-on, wipe and buff, and your back on the road. A complete detail solution that’s great for all surfaces including fairings, tanks, windscreens, chrome, leather and vinyl seats, hoses and more!

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Conclusion:

My conclusion is short and sweet because I’m going to let the pictures of my five year old 2008 CBR600RR do all the talking … but basically AMPP products work, they work well and get the job done. If you are looking for a polish that gives you the ‘ultimate shine’ then look no further than AMPP products.

Here is the Website and all the pictures of my bikes after they have both received the full AMPP treatment.

Click on the images to get a full viewing size in order to appreciate fully the depth of shine achieved using AMPP products.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Finally the 15 year old CBR600F3 back in the garage after the full AMPP treatment.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

God is in the Detail :-D

Profile photo of stansama
    stansama
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Great review, and beautiful looking bike! I wish it was warmer so I could wash mine, I hate looking at it dirty in the garage every time I go out there. Spring is right around the corner, I might give these a try when it comes time for cleaning.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@Juliet – Thank you for the beautiful review and pictures! AMPPmoto is a great company with great products. Glad to have them aboard as a sponsor!

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Nice review Jules, Im lookin to give this stuff a try.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam said:
    Nice review Jules, Im lookin to give this stuff a try.

Message @AMPP – Might be able to get a member discount.

This stuff really makes your bike look like a show bike.

Profile photo of dtone
    dtone
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Awesome review as always, well written, great photos and an award winning bike to boot :-)

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dtone said:
    Awesome review as always, well written, great photos and an award winning bike to boot :-)

@Juliet is the best!

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Very nice, clean and shiny gloss! 8-)

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hmmm … now that both bikes are so clean and shiny, do you think that if I go over them both again, thoroughly, with the ‘Motobuff’ for a second coat, I can get them even shinier??

Get your shades at the ready guys!! ..lol 8-)

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Maybe.

Just finding the right lighting and background for the pics could make a difference in depth of the shine.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@juliet Awesome review. I think I’m going to order some for the season opener!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Nice work! Such great looking bikes, so shiny. I’m sure in person it’s even better than the pics.

Profile photo of ampp
    ampp
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I would like to thank @juliet for taking the time to review our AMPP line of premium motorcycle care products. (Those are beautiful bikes btw!) and big thanks to @admin for running such a high quality, reputable site.

Here at Kaiman®, the makers of AMPP™, we stand behind our products 100% and offer a guarantee to prove it! If you are not satified with any of our AMPP brand products, we will replace it with a brand of your choice. This guarantee, and its details will be posted on our upcoming website.

Starting sometime in early March, we will be launching our new website, with a new look, a review page and more, including a new AMPP store for those of you who cannot find it at your local parts and accessories store. I will be posting instructions for a special RideCbr.com discount for members of this outstanding site.

As a quick note, we are also just starting up our AMPP facebook page at facebook.com/amppmoto so for those of you who use AMPP, please dont forget to “like” us on facebook. The page is up now but we havent officially launched it yet.

If anyone has any questions on detailing or any of our products, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks again to all at ridecbr.com and there great members!

Frank
    The AMPP Team

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I’m not one to really take his time to keep my bike all spiffy clean, however, I just ordered the 3 bottles of this stuff.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You won’t regret it.

Profile photo of bobby
    bobby
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Great review. I might have to try this stuff.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@woo545 said:
    I’m not one to really take his time to keep my bike all spiffy clean, however, I just ordered the 3 bottles of this stuff.

I’ve always found cleaning and polishing things to be very therapeutic … I love buffing the polish off my bikes to see that amazing shine as you remove the polish with a soft cloth. It’s such an instant transformation when you clean and polish something properly … people don’t see all your servicing and mechanical work but what they do see is the shine on your bike or car’s paintwork.

I love how you can literally polish money into cars or bikes … assuming of course they are a half decent machine to begin, not a total nail, and just needing a bit of love … but, some very average used looking bikes can be made to look amazing with a decent days cleaning and polishing, and real attention to detail. They end up looking great, and you feel great like you’ve really accomplished something and you’ve definitely made it more saleable and put some more value on it.

I can remember the days my dad would buy a dull cheap car and we’d spend all weekend cleaning and polishing it, cleaning carpets and seats … cutting back the paintwork and then applying a nice polish. Once or twice he nearly doubled his money on a few cheap cars just from the detailing alone … I know I’m fussy, but I just don’t view it as a chore, on the contrary, taking my time and polishing my bike on a spring like evening ready for a ride the next day is kinda bliss :-)

And, even if your bike does have a few battle scars here and there, don’t be put off or think it’s not worth a thorough detail because it’s no longer pristine … I can promise you that if you clean and polish her up properly those scars won’t look half as bad and will just be a part of her … the overall look will still be amazing. It’s only when the bike has a few scuffs and is all dirty as well that the overall look is scruffy.

Jules

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

To add to Juliet’s post.. check out the other uses.. their products can be used to clean a lot more than you might think.. I’ve used them on motorcycle headlights and it removed/cleaned them to a like new condition

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@admin said:
    To add to Juliet’s post.. check out the other uses.. their products can be used to clean a lot more than you might think.. I’ve used them on motorcycle headlights and it removed/cleaned them to a like new condition

I cleaned and polished my old Arai helmet with it and it came up gleaming,
    the visor too!!
    :-D

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I can’t wait for mine to get here! My Dad is anxiously awaiting their arrival for his Goldwing.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Awesome I got mine today @admin and cant wait to use it. I will do a decent review also and spread to other sites as well. Unfortunately all weekend I work sunrise to midnight :sad: I have been riding regularly though and havnt washed since I put on new fairings so this will be put to the ultimate test lol. Im pretty ashamed of myself for it because I normally wash every week.

Huge thanks to @AMPP so far I am impressed with packaging and the use of priority mail. Priority mail is may not seem like a huge deal but I find it refreshing when a company spends a few extra bucks to look out for their customers especially since this was a generous gift. This is where AMPP and @tripage excels. Not many companys does this and I wanted to say thanks.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.