Gosia – Build

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads Gosia – Build

This topic contains 39 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kerosene
    kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hello All,

I welcome everyone to read and comment my new build. I had plans to do something different, with my old frame but since it’s not so simple to register my frame, I decided to buy a new frame and pull everything into the new frame. I had a F3 to F4i swap, and will be going back to the original look of CBR F3, which means new plastics, new toys, more fun. I have purchased most of the parts I need to do the swap, I’m missing kick stand, and plastics, I’ll probably find something here and there, time will show.

Additionally I will be doing a valve check (hopefully) since I have some oil burning going on and I have a feeling that my valves are not up to par.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

post some Damn pics!!!!!! :pissed: other wise this thread is worthless!!! :rotfl:

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Good luck Alan and post up piccies and updates whatever you decide to do… :)

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Engine dropped, work continues…

Profile photo of 01cbr600f4i
    01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

You’ve got some work ahead of you! Can’t wait to see it start to go back together. Good luck.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

New frame went to get sandblasted and then powder coated :) should be done around Friday.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@hubbard2a said:
    post some Damn pics!!!!!! :pissed: other wise this thread is worthless!!! :rotfl:

Hahaha hubbs you crack me up bro!
    Looks like a fun project and glad your able to get rolling on it. Sorry to hear about all the red tape.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Ok,bike is no more! Frame has been tossed into the other garage, all bits and bobs taken off. Relatively simple procedure, tough part will be putting the engine back in.

Called my powdercoat guy, frame will be done on new years, so if i pick it up,I might get some time to work on it 02/01/2015.

01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

What color did you use for powder coating?

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Frame will be black. Wheels stay the same red/black.

01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I just got a quote to do my wheels which turned out to be more than I expected at $230 for both. Not sure if I’m going that route now.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

For frame im paying about 80 $ ;) sandblasted + p.coat

01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Maybe I should do some shopping around haha

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Went to a different powder coater because he took forever then said ‘I don’t know if I’ll do it’, same price except I got the frame back in about 4 days.

I have begun selling off all the F4i parts, not much left now; side fairings, fairing stay, rear lights, rear shock, rider seat… that’s about it. I sold half of the things to one guy :)

01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Frame looks wicked! I can’t really tell but is this a F3 frame?

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Yep, its a f3 frame :) thanks, I’ve never seen such shiny powdercoat :)

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

So I found some fantastic looking fairings! for an awesome price!

1.  http://allegro.pl/owiewka-bok-honda-cbr-600f3-prawa-lewa-i5000453999.html

Going to get in contact with the guy tomorrow and buy them. I don’t care for the scheme but that will be getting cleaned off anyway.

I was just thinking that I know how I’ll paint the fairings, since the frame is super gloss, I will do the fairings in super flat! Need to find flat paint and some kind of clear coat that wont make it too glossy.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I think I will have a hard time finding the rear fairings :( I don’t want the prefacelift rear, but it’s possible I will not have a choice in the matter :(

I bought a new helmet, I can’t find my SHOEI so I got a AGV K3, I bought it for 150zl (540MSRP) it was literally worn 2 or 3 Times, no real scratches, clean screen.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Had some time to work on Gosia today :)

01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Looking cleaner! You’ve still got a lot of work ahead of you though! lol

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Defenitly have a lot to go, but i’ll get it done

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

So i went to this mechanic buddy i have to check out how the vmax is running and we got to talking about Gosia, i brought him my carbs to get cleaned (bathe) and asked how much it would cost for a valve check and fix (if needed.) He said 200zl (55$), i did a minor check but im no mechanic so my check could be all incorrect (i think 2 shims were out of perfect spec.) So needless to say, in 2 weeks ill take my engine to him and we’ll do the valve check (i want to learn how.)

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@jules – can you take a few pictures and measurement? Pretty please?

1. Wiring from front to battery, how it’s routed by the steering column and where it routes To the battery. I dont recall, I did it differently when it was F4i fairings, need to change to back to original :)

2. What is the length of the kickstand, I dont remember if i have the F4i kickstand or if I left the original. I have a feeling that its the F4i because the bike seems to be leaning far over.

3. How the front brake lines are routed.

:) for now thats it

Profile photo of cooper
    cooper
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Looks like a great project coming along. Keep up the good work!

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thanks Ben.

I’ll have a big update soon :)

Im working on the wiring atm, needed to put the GSXR R/R on a nice plug, safer, cleaner and easier to take off, bought 2 plugs to put the F4i consol, and i have this fancy external fuse box that ill put on a plug and wire it into the harness.

I want to make it look right and be safe, i saw all the amateur soldering jobs i dix before i learned how to solded correctly. I was working on the R/R last night, and from 2 huge blobs of wire and solder i made 2 clean lines of wire, looks almost original. Everything will also be on heat shring tubing with cloth like electrical tape to make it 110% waterproof.

All screws/nuts/bolts are on loctite, i even undid the ones i did earlier with softer loctite.

I gotta say, im putting more heart and head into this rebuild than the first two combined, and so far im hapoy with the results.

The hardest part will be headers, tank and finding all the fairings :( the header and tank are do-able just need to buy acid and do it, the fairings… I might have to buy china ;(((

01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Sounds like it’s coming along nicely. I can’t wait to see some more pictures. I had a blob of wires behind my headlights when I bought my bike and that was one of the first things I set out to do.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Ok pretty much last update (maybe 2) before big update.

Today the engine came apart, boy am I happy I went to ‘the guy’ only 2 of the valves were ok (lol) all out of tolerance, 7 of 8 IN valves were .10mm should be .16mm +/- .03 and the ex had mostly .18 and it should be .22mm +/- .03… so after moving a few of the spacers around we have 4 good valve clearances. Next week, we’ll put it back together and the engine goes back into the frame.

01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Wow! I wouldn’t have expected so many to be off. Were they making any noise?

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Nope, no noises, and tbh no real problens either

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.