Gosia – Build

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads Gosia – Build

This topic contains 39 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sounds like great progress. Now lets see some pics on this thread! 8-O

Profile photo of 01cbr600f4i
    01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

+1! @theredrocket Can’t wait to see this start to go back together.

Profile photo of kerosene
    kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hey all! Long time no update, didn’t have many good things to show.

I got the bike running last year, but since insurance and registration as going to cost me quite a bit I put aside the bike for this year. While I wait I decided to fix a couple things that I ignored/didn’t do right the first time.

Unfortunately when I started examining the bike this year, I noticed one of my engine mounts snapped. I dropped the engine agian, took it to ‘a guy’ and he rewelded the broken part and made a nice ‘cacoon’ around the mount so everything is secured. I then found some paint that wont allow rust to get at the welds and painted it with paint that is 98% color match, so almost perfet.

-cleaning up wiring a bit better
    -getting rear break pedal mounted (I have woodcraft rearsets so I need a special screw)
    -bought new passenger sets (wanted a helmet lock, mounts for suspension pressure can)
    -powdercoating passenger sets, rider sets, front fairing stay, light brackets (in black to match everything nicely, look super clean and rust free)
    -made new wiring for my fancy F4i speedo (and maybe a backplate to cover the wiring)
    -new screw on engine mounts (mine were beging to look shotty and I ripped one of my threads)
    -mounting DAI back to original

I do need some assistance from F3 Owners. Can someone show me how the tubes are run? especially the one that goes to the fresh air “whistles” under the headlight.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m sure there will be F3 owners chiming in when they see this to help.. or feel free to post new topics in the forums for each issue for a faster response and more eyes on it. Good to do list so far.. can’t wait to see how she looks when she’s finally done. I bet you’ve been itching to ride her.

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Electrical (these were done partially because I wont have all my fairings for a while.)
    I think I mentioned it before, but I have a F4i speedo, I changed the wiring on it though and made it possible to detach the cables without dismounting the entire speedo.

I put the RR on a plug, to make it easier to remove if needed.

Orginized the wiring coming from the engine.

Esthetics:
    Headlight/Fairing stay and taillight has been cleaned up and paitinged black to match nicely to the frame.

i have a rear brake pedal! first time since 6 years :O

Cleaned up or replaced some misc. things that were bothering me

Next week I’ll be giving my powdercoater some parts to paint for me those include;
    – Original unmodified passenger stays
    – passenger handle bar
    – Woodcraft rearsets
    – Original levers
    – tank
    – some screws and bolts (the engine bolts I’ll spray pait, I don’t want to risk tchem warping or changing in any shape during baking.

I am ordering a new fuel pump and new fuel lines. I didn’t have the original pump but one from a car so I want to have a proper one finally and never be bothered by it again.

I’m getting to the point where I’m running out of things I want to fix. Once I finsh up the powdercoating I think I’ll start her up for the first time this year.

Profile photo of starlightrr
    starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

That all looks excluding work so far, what colour will you keep on the wheels?

Profile photo of starlightrr
    starlightrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

excluding = excellent. Stupid phone text and no edit option?

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’m thinking that before the next season begins I’ll get to painting the wheels, I’m in no rush and I want to get on the bike.

The color will be blue, both wheels
    this blue

kerosene
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Great News! i’m one step closer to having Gosia ready to be legal :) Unfortunately I’ve been unable to work on the bike for a month, I had a nose operation and didn’t have enough strength to do anything.

Gosia is up and running! Everything is good and dandy. I’m hoping to register the bike by the end of the month, and hopefully start riding.

Bled the brakes, front is good. Started to bleed the rear and kept getting air, I finally found the problem, the banjo on the brake lines rusted and has a micro-hole which was catching air… which means the line needs to be replaced.

Battery is dead, and seems to have gone bad. I bought it 14 mths ago, 2mths ago warranty ended :\ so a new battery needs to be purchased :\

I found all the front fairing, for a good price :) all I’m missing now is the rear center, fender and one of the service windows… and some misc fillers (ones from turn signals, and mirrors.)

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wow! She’s really starting to come together. Looks great!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.