Green Thumb

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kewlbreeze kewlbreeze 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welp , im a bit of a green thumb, i love my yard and have always been into plants of all kinds. Over the last 6 years or so , ive taken a liking to lilies , ive got several types and love to see em bloom. My favs are the Hurricane lilies and the Spider Lilly. My spider Lilly came from a cutting i got from a friend and is just awesome when she blooms, altho the last couple of years her clock has been way out of whack , blooming in February(weird for these) But this year shes right on time in late June. Thot id share. These are the first two blooms of the year.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I too like lillies, there are a few around my house, the flowers never seem to last very long though.

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Those are pretty! I am learning about flowers. Managed to pick out a few good ones but some didn’t make it. I think it’s the soil. I have a ways to go…

First planted a couple months ago

photo null_zps48ba5f77.jpg

Today

photo null_zps6c6ff6d3.jpg

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This thread looks like the start of a “Motorcyclists guide to gardening” blog … has a ring to it .. the brute and soft side playing well against each other.

Profile photo of sahilarora
    sahilarora
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Beautiful flowers @spdygak. I would also share a pucture of my garden no flowers as for now due to heavy rains at this time but looks good when its full of flowers :D

sahilarora
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Awesome pics!

This just bloomed after 15 years:

Interesting, a bit scary to be near though…..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/20/sheep-eating-plant-bloom-puya-chilensis-photos_n_3474003.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Well, no good deeds go unpunished.

It’s sad, the over regulation to the point of ridiculous.

Even with respect and wanting, he would comply with all safety requirements.

The easiest way to kill an old man is to take away his heart.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/metro-threatens-phantom-planter-with-arrest-if-he-tends-his-dupont-circle-station-flowers/2013/06/22/87aaed02-db5f-11e2-a9f2-42ee3912ae0e_story.html?hpid=z2

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Your yard looks great @sahilarora Very neat and green. I’m still working on my grass to grow in full and green. @shoichirohonda interesting stories. Glad funny they mention keeping kids away from the scary plant.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

nice plants guys , @spdygak – if your starting out , a quick tip is to add a small handful of bonemeal in the hole before planting , it will encourage fast root growth giving the flowers a head start on awesomeness.(works with all plants BTW)
    the beds look great brother , keep it up!

@kewlbreeze – i know , waaaay off topic , but figured it was a good change of pace from all the bullshit goin on recently.
    and plants sooth the soul brother! lol

@sahilarora – beautiful yard brother! awesome native palms and a water-feature – good stuff

@shoichirohonda – never heard of that sheep eating plant , mother nature kicks out some oddities here and there.
    and about the flower guy , there always seems to be someone to wreck shit for everybody else. Awesome story.

Here is a pic of my Hurricane lily , and my stargazer Lily (both from last bloom)

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Sour milk is a good cheap fertilizer too. I use composted horse manure from my girlfriends horse. my stockpile is about a cubic yard.
    @sahilahora great looking yard!

sahilarora
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thanks guys :D

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks for the tip @bambam I will check it out. Nice to have some other hobbies. I will post some pics of the herb garden later.

shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular
    Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The ultimate garden?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.