Gym Rats

This topic contains 72 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of qteter qteter 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Are there any gym rats out there? I am curious to know what supps you guys are taking and if you thought they were worth the money. I’ll start. I just recently decided to return to the gym and picked up some MP assaut and BPI’s A-HD. So far I like the assualt. It does not make your stomach rumble like N.O. Explode and it tastes better than Jack3d. The only downside is that the serving scoop is fairly large compared to the jacked but since it actually taste good I dont mind. As far as the a-hd, today is my second day on it so I can’t comment but I will update this in about a week and let everyone know about it.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I started goin like 5 months ago.. took a 3 week break and goin back on monday… I’m all natural baby.. no supp’s and It still shows believe me.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

You must eat fairly clean then. What kind of work out do you do? Split, full body?

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Monday- chest and tri’s, Wednesday- back and bi’s, Thursday- shoulders and legs and sometimes forearms…

I do like to eat :-D

funny thing is I was a over weight when I started (sort of the reason many people start) and i’ve trimed down on the fat but body weight keeps goin up

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

My schedule is similar execpt I do shoulders with back and bi’s and legs are a seperate day. What about cardio? I personally hate it but squeeze in about 15 min after each workout.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Ha same here.. I do what I can in what ever time is left.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I dont really know anyone that likes cardio lol..

Profile photo of cbrman50
    cbrman50
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

There aren’t no great supps out there… I’ve been lifting for almost 6 years and the best things to take are vitamins protien and bcaa powder that the only thing I suggest taking

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I gained weight when I moved to RI, but 5 weeks ago committed to going to the gym and now I go 3-5 times per week. Lost 13 pounds so far and doing the health food kick. Feels great!

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@cbrman50 I already knew about protien and bcaa and I use them both.. I’m just curious to see what everyone is using these days and if they liked it or not

@Admin Thats awesome. How much did you have to change your diet? For most people thats the hard part.

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I just got back into working out. Im using small servings of Jack3d to get me motivation/focus to get into the gym/p90x. 6 weeks down about 10-12lbs.

Diet consists of many small portions throughout the day. I tend to eat high in lean protein an about 60-100oz of water per day.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I do kinda miss the small serving size of Jack3d

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I just ordered L-Alanine and a nitric oxide booster from nutrabio and xtend from bodybuilding.com
    i also take my omegas, b12, tribulus tetris, creatine monohydrate, multivitamin, and magnesium..
    Whey protein ftw!!

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Dude! thats way to much stuff lol. I do like bodybuilding.com’s website and their shipping to the sandbox was pretty damn fast. How do you lke the tribulus? Or can you tell if its even working?

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

While i was deployed for a year thats all i did was gym, tried out many different supps and put on about 25-30lbs in noticable muscle

My best gains where when taking MP Assault pre and MP Recon Post with a good 2-3 servings of ON protien. I was also on a test booster called ISA Test and this shit waz awesome! I tried out all kindas of pre and post workouts and protiens ans wieght gainers so if you got questions just let me know

Profile photo of skydynamics
    skydynamics
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I used to hit the gym everyday with my buddy. Now i just go like 3-4 times a week. really hate running so i only do like 1-2 miles. Used to run 4 miles everyday wth happened? lol. The only thing i took was protein powder, and sometimes pre-workout stuff like NO explode. Now i just eat and gym. Im not trying to get big anymore, just try to be lean but damn it’s so hard to do.

Btw anyone have good exercise for rear deltoid let me know, thanks!

Profile photo of skydynamics
    skydynamics
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

we should have a competition to keeps everyone motivated. This way we won’t hurt our bike lol.

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Yeah the tribulus takes like 2 weeks to notice but I did notice it.. Mine was also a more concentrated form.. All the other stuff is amino acids and vitamins

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Good stuff everyone.
    Redblack – I glad to hear you had good results with the MP assault and I will have to look in to that other product
    QT – The a-hd I’m taking has only 28 pills per bottle and I’m on day 2. Hopefully I’ll notice it soon

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’m bringing back this thread as Im about to go to legs.. FML I hate working out legs.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

ha same here.. i just go around to every machine in the gym…

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Same here. I went yesterday and benched like crazy, im sore as shit today.. Lost 12 pounts since I started but the thing that really helps is eating yogurt. I never used to, but now if I don’t eat one every day I feel like crap and just exhausted.. You might not believe it, but it really helps keep you on point and regular when eating health food.

I’m limiting myself to around 1,400 calorites a day. I’m crazy about it because it’s working. Breakfast bar for breakfast, juice and water for drinks, protein bar and yogurt with trail mix mixed in for lunch, and a smaller size dinner. No gimmicks, just dieting and hard work.

Oh and my one a day men’s health.. that’s the only pill I take.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@Admin 1400 calories is kinda low if your trying to build muscle while you lose weight isnt it? What kinda of juice you drinking? Store bought or home made? The store bought stuff is full of simple sugar. I thinking about getting a juicer and juicing my own and am seriously debating doing a juice fast.

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@atx600rr im with you man I HATE working out legs, but damn do i kinda love the sore feeling afterwards i dont know why im wierd i guess. I need to start getting back n the gym I stopped going for a few weeeks while i was on vacation.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I stopped going around mid semester and am now finally getting back into it. I usually like the sore fealing but after working out legs I always feel like im walking funny and I hate that.. Lucky for me Im on chest and tri’s tomorrow.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@09RedBlackRR ha I think all real men like to feel sore.. means your really pumping iron!

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

What do you guys think of this schedule? Day 1 – Chest, tri’s, abs and light cardio. Day 2 – back, bi’s, shoulders and light cardio. Day 3 – Legs, abs and light cardio. Day 4 – start the cycle over.

Profile photo of coltonharris13
    coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Im not into supplements anymore. Ill try something here and there, but really the only thing I take religiously is protein. When I was younger, I believed all of the hype and always had to have the newest and best supplement out there. Never worked. Supplements dont normally do much for me. I stick to just protein and it has worked well.

I go on a five day split
    Day 1- Chest, calves and cardio
    Day 2- Back, abs, and cardio
    Day 3- Legs
    Day 4- Off (possible cardio if I feel like it
    Day 5- Shoulders, calves and cardio
    Day 6- Arms, Abs, and cardio
    Day 7- Off

Thats my current split for the summer. I always changed my days and workouts up to keep my body guessing.

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

ATX600rr:
    @Admin1400 calories is kinda low if your trying to build muscle while you lose weight isnt it?What kinda of juice you drinking?Store bought or home made?The store bought stuff is full of simple sugar.I thinking about getting a juicer and juicing my own and am seriously debating doing a juice fast.

1400 cal is nothing, I’d say you need double or triple that to get size. Break it down into as many small meals as possible with one meal right before bed. Of course eat right, ice cream calories are bad, but lean protiens and low glycemic carbs are good. The best time to eat anything sweet, like simple sugars, are right after the gym when you need to replenish glycogen.

Supplements work for me, but they seem to not work after a very short while, I avoid anything but protien powder now. Usually I keep that simple too, a low sugar, low cholesterol powder works for me. I’d also avoid anything that may modify testosterone levels, that just seems like if it works it can be trouble, or if it doesn’t work it is a huge waste of money.

Profile photo of coltonharris13
    coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

1400 calories is extremely low in my opinion. If youre trying to lose fat, I still think thats low. Im trying to get down and I know I have 1400 calories in before lunch and Im still losing weight. It all comes down to how much you burn and consume. You can consumer 10000 calories a day, but if you burn 11000 a day, you’re gonna lose weight. I know those numbers are high, but just an example. I take in right around 2800-3200 calories a day. Im trying to cut down, but trying to lose fat rather than muscle and fat. So these calorie figures work for me but not others. But Im a firm believer that everyone is different and different things work for some people and not for others.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.