Happy Hour

Tagged: 

This topic contains 86 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bambam bambam 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Haha been there :wink:

Profile photo of bronson512
    bronson512
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

i love a corona with a lime, do ya pour in the lime shot or shoot it and chase it with the beer?

@bambam pour in the lime shot, cover the opening of the bottle with your thumb and give it a quick turn upside down to mix it up a bit.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Meet my favorite Scotch, This is Chivas Regal , 12 year old scotch whiskey, this is the real deal , ive played with a few different ones , but this one outshines the pack. They also make an 18 year , but its alot more money and is just not that better than the 12. 1 shot over ice and let melt for a minute or two and this stuff is bliss. It leaves little to no after taste, it truly melts away. Ive grown out of the plain whiskeys and enjoy scotch more now than ever.(Thanks Grandad.)

Its more of a sipper than a pounder . I dig chillin in the back yard with one of these after work,
    great drink to wind down to. Add a sweet cigar and begin that Big pimpin Style.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Long day of yard work = mojito time!! We grow mint in our herb garden (just added pineapple sage, can’t wait to try it) so here is our Fresh Mint Mojito (choose your rum)

photo null_zps30a8e039.jpg

Fresh Mint 4-6 leaves (depending on size)
    Fresh lime cut into sixths
    Your choice of rum (I was using Pineapple Rum we picked up in the Bahamas. Tara likes Malibu flavors)
    Sweet and Sour
    Sprite

Add a couple of ice cubes to a pint glass
    Squeeze a lime
    Tear the mint a couple of times. This is key to good mint flavor in the Mojito
    Use a muddler to smash up the ice, mint and lime to get the flavor flowing
    If you don’t have a muddler… get one (or possible to use a wooden spoon handle but you need a fatty one)
    Add 2oz of your rum
    Fill near the top with sweet n sour
    Top off with Sprite
    Mix, enjoy and repeat!!

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Great lookin Mojito Jason, i dig those sometimes, I was a big fan of the show “Burn Notice” and used to always want one after watching that show…lol

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam

we call them auburn haired nice girls, not red headed sluts.

Did you know redheads need a different level of anesthesia than blondes and brunettes, they tend to wake up during operations.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

edit double post-

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer said:
    @bambam

we call them auburn haired nice girls, not red headed sluts.

Maybee after 1 or 2 , but the name changes quickly after 5…

Did you know redheads need a different level of anesthesia than blondes and brunettes, they tend to wake up during operations.

^ I hope you didnt find that out the hard way brother..lol

Profile photo of catamayo85
    catamayo85
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

love me some jager bombs or vodka and monster :)

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So it’s October and we are having our big Halloween party at work. I’ve been searching for glow-in-the-dark drinks and found a few interesting ideas. If you didn’t know tonic water glows under the blacklight and check out the links for a few more cool options…

photo glowdrinks_zps6307f5c3.jpg

Glow Drinks

UV Jello

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

^^^ tahts whats up Jason! awesome looking drinks brother. Ill have to check out that tonic water trick-

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks @bambam This is my attempt at making a bar display for our party next week

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Not really my brand and way too expensive , but thot it was cool that you can buy an entire barrel of whiskey. Where i found this pic , the comments stated that an average barrel contains 207 bottles of booze. Costco , the place of Pallets and mongo sized everything..

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Daaaamn. What a hangover

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Me likey.

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

After the day I had today this works for me… Cheap and easy… :goodnight:

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was drinking Fireball and DR P last night. Great stuff!

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ive been trying out a few different scotches over the past few years and now i think i might have found one to compete with Chivas Regal 12 year (shown on the previous page)This is GlenLivet 12 year old , it has more of an oak barrel taste finish , i was surprised at how good this stuff was, it was a little cheaper than Chivas but was able to hang with the big hitters. I would say this scotch is very drinkable after a slow ice melt , goes great with a sweet cigar and a quiet backyard. 9 on a 10 scale.

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam said:
    Well here it is, I like my booze and like to make drinks for my friends and have been a patron of several fine establishments. I like my Whiskey , Scotch , teqilla , rum and some vodkas. The girls in my circle really seem to like a few of these so i thot this thread could be usefull. Feel free to add some of your concoctions for drinks , both simple and complex. Before i begin this i must be clear {NEVER DRINK AND RIDE!!!}

#1 -The RED Headed Slut

Red headed slut (also called Red Panties)

You will need Jagermiester , peach shnaps , and cranberry juice -ice and a shaker
    1. put a few cubes of ice into the shaker
    2.add 1 part Jager
    3.add 1 part Peach shnaps
    4.add 2 parts cranberry juice
    5.shake vigorously and strain ice/pour into shot glasses and serve and enjoy-repeat
    Be carefull with these , you really cant taste the alcohol in these. Guys like em, girls LOVE em

About eight years ago, I had the multiple pleasure of enjoying a “Back alley crack whore.” It was basically a red-headed slut, but with the addition of half can of red bull; and maybe grapefruit juice. I rarely watched them mix the drink, and never took the time to ask. I regret that now. It kicked my butt every time. It wouldn’t take much for me to regret my youthful stupidity the next morning.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94F2-08RR said:
    About eight years ago, I had the multiple pleasure of enjoying a “Back alley crack whore.” It was basically a red-headed slut, but with the addition of half can of red bull; and maybe grapefruit juice. I rarely watched them mix the drink, and never took the time to ask. I regret that now. It kicked my butt every time. It wouldn’t take much for me to regret my youthful stupidity the next morning.

A few years back i was at a friends party and his then girlfriend was making a drink she called the Tahiti Sunrise- It was the best tasting fruity drink ive ever had, it was made with pineapple juice , cranberry and a couple other ingredients , it was a huge hit , well , my bud got caught being bad and she left him that night … I was never able to get the recipe for this drink , it still bugs me… The only recipes i see for the drink now , never turn out as good. bummer. but here is the closest one i could find-Its pretty good , just not “the one”.

Tahitian Sunset recipe

A popular drink with the ladies, also known as the “Dougie Special”.

Scale ingredients to servings
    1/2 oz vodka
    1/2 oz Malibu® coconut rum
    1/2 oz Midori® melon liqueur
    1/2 oz Cointreau® orange liqueur
    1 – 2 oz Schweppes® lemonade
    1 – 2 oz pineapple juice
    1 dash raspberry cordial

Crush your ice and place in glass. Pour over vodka, midori and malibu. Almost fill glass with equal amounts of juice and lemonade, gently pour cointreau over top. Pour a small amount of raspberry cordial down side of glass to float half way down glass.. And ENJOY.

Read more: Tahitian Sunset recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drinkrq15451.html#ixzz2v188yN00

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Kamikaze shots!!

photo 160F1587-E747-4282-B551-AD979B0D04BB_zps3hwm2ess.jpg

It was great meeting up with @cbr-f2 and @theredrocket Hopefully next time I’m on the bike!

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!… I get to celebrate the Irishness in me. I am 1/3 Irish, but only the good part. The one that likes whisk(e)y and is stubborn. Or a flavored liqueur in this case.

Sprite w/ green syrup. The taste is somewhat similar to a 7&7.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

^ nice drink brother ^

Speaking of the 7&7 , it used to be my favorite holiday drink , its also the one drink nobody can mess up. Add a splash of Grenadine to “candy” it up for the ladies.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m pouring a drink for all of you tonight.. then drinking them one by one in your honors.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The weekend is near! Prepare yourself accordingly. I have had these. They are dangerously good. Be careful. The ratio is 1:1, one person equals one shot of all ingredients.

Baltimore Zoo recipe

The Baltimore Zoo drink was founded at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana (IN), somewhere in the 1990’s. Purdue graduate of ’97, Leon A. Bogucki, kindly described it as “a glorified Long Island Iced Tea without the coke”, and “like drinking Kool-Aid”. He also recalled “I remember it being the big thing right around 1995 … I used to know the bartender that claimed he invented it”. There are several variations, one of which is to replace the splash of beer with sprite. Leon also told us the best Baltimore Zoo’s are served at Harry’s Chocolate Shop in West Lafayette itself.

Directions

1 shot vodka
    1 shot light rum
    1 shot gin
    1 shot triple sec
    1 shot Southern Comfort® peach liqueur
    1 shot amaretto almond liqueur
    1 shot grenadine syrup
    1 dash sweet and sour mix
    1 splash beer

Add the liquors and grenadine to a highball glass with ice. Top off with sweet and sour mix, add a splash of beer, and stir.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m so trying this at work tomorrow!! Love being able to make drinks in the name of “product testing”

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@spdygak said:
    I’m so trying this at work tomorrow!! Love being able to make drinks in the name of “product testing”

So? What was/is the verdict?

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Second day back and meetings most if the day. Gonna try tomorrow

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Okay. Tried it today. It smelled a little like kool aid but was easy to drink with a kick. I think the amaretto/grenadine gives it a bit of a cough syrup taste but I may have gotten the proportions off slightly. I liked it though.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Lol. I love Kool Aid. Could be why I enjoy this. I haven’t made them myself as of yet. I leave this to the trained professionals. I typically keep my drinks simple; an alcohol and a mixer… that and I don’t measure.

I haven’t mentioned this, but SoCo is probably my favorite. I have it a bunch of different things; cranberry or cherry juice, sweet tea, different brands of soft drinks, and I have even had a cocktail that included milk. Yes, moo juice and Southern Comfort.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.