Happy Hour

Tagged: 

This topic contains 86 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bambam bambam 6 months ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 61 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Trying something new tonight. Amaretto and milk. And double dang is it tasty!!

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Angry Orchard crisp apple hard cider – eh. When I hear hard cider, I think of a jug of cider from an orchard that has sat too long in your fridge. You open it and there is a little fizz. You can feel it behind your ears when you have a taste. These hard ciders that I see so many of taste to much like beer, and I am not a fan of beer.

Southern Comfort and Coke. Never fails.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m with you @94f2-08rr not a fan of beer and I’ve tried lot, perks of the job going to beer and wine and liquor samplings. I like the Redd’s Apple Ale (and now strawberry) and Woodchuck makes great pear and apple ciders. Stella’s new apple doesn’t have enough apple goodness for me, more of the crisp green apple.

So, did you know that ciders are gluten free and ales are not? Cool little tidbit for ya

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’ve had a few variations of Woodchuck’s cider @spdygak, and they aren’t bad. That was actually the first brand I tried a few years back. I think they still taste pretty similar to beer though. I have yet to try anything from Redd’s. I may have to visit a nearby orchard and purchase a gallon of unpasteurized cider just so that it can turn. Then chug-a-lug!

I did not know that… I remember now that it does say “gluten free” on the Angry Orchard bottle. But, I didn’t know that about ales.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It should be of no surprise I have Southern Comfort and Coke in the glass. What I wanted to show was the cool cup I have!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was bored so I added a bunch of features to the site and cleaned up the way it looks.
    Now back to my regularly scheduled program of jack and coke and a movie.

Oh and @94f2-08rr I don’t really like the apple ale’s that are popular now but my girlfriend loves them.

This is the one one I liked:

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I looked up the picture.. weird.. the one I had was in a white can.

But it tasted like a granny smith apple. I remember a white can, it was from england, I think it was that one.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Bringing this up because I had another one of these last night. It tastes more like an apple than angry orchard or any of the other ones. I don’t mind these once in a while when jack is gone.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Umm @admin, what are you doing letting Jack get away? :drunk: Lol. I still have yet to try Strongbow. And, strictly from an educational viewpoint, I need to.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This is Dewar’s White Label Scotch , I love all kinds of scotches and usually im a Chivas Regal guy , but ive found this to be a really good mellow scotch, its pretty smooth with a little ice melt . It is one of the more affordable of the ones i like. $20 puts this in your cabinet , good stuff for a good price.
    As with all scotch , this is a sipper not a shooter, but hey , help your self either way!

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam i never knew this thread existed lol i wouldnt have started one about drinks if so.

Anyways I like me a good drink too. I can drink almost anything. I cant bring myself to like whiskey though… Tonight, its the usual, tequila and some cold brew around a campfire out here in the country. Life is good.

Cheers. :)

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@borderline4laska – Funny how i never really cared for whiskeys either , but absolutly love scotch,lol,Try and figure that one out. As for Te-kill-ya , i like it but its real easy for me to cross the line from buzzed to shitface , ive learned to be real easy with the stuff. But let me tell yas , i LOVE me some top shelf Teqilla , 100% agave is the shit! My absolute favorite is Patron , love that stuff. The Silver is my choice , expensive tho-

Cheers brother!

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam Scotch is ok.. Petron is my favorite too. Strange though, I cant stand the silver
    Lol. I love the gold. id drink some jose before the silver though, not sure what it is I just dont like it.

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam and @borderline4laska – have either of you tried Cabo Wabo? Just two weeks ago, I had a conversation with someone concerning Cabo. They said it was smooth and seemed to like it.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94f2-08rr To be honest i hated the Cobo Wabo stuff , it had a taste that i just didnt like . I have a few buddies that are hard core Tequila drinkers and they dont like it either. It seems out of all the people in my circle , the GOTO is Jose Cuervo gold. they are hard core and laugh that i need what they call “training wheels” (lime and salt) for shots , but i really like the lime and salt, guess im not hard core when it comes to Tequila.

To add to the Tequila conversation, I remember back in high school/college years , we would buy Two Fingers Tequila and do what we called suicide shooters , you sit in a chair and tilt your head back and someone else pours the booze in your mouth untill you cant hold another drop and swallow it down. Yikes , those were the parties that absolutely trashed everyone. Tried the Two Fingers stuff a couple years ago and , damn it , that is some rot-gut booze, not nearly as good as i remembered it…

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Am I the only one that has had a drink in 4mos!? I’m not drinking at the moment, but a few hours ago I was. Short SoCo and Sierra Mist. They were going down smooth. I had to cut myself off. Ended up having nine before I started to feel that all too familiar feeling in my head and stomach. Now I am sobering up with some loaded tater tots, left over pizza and mad Max! Win, win. Haha.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Nice and refreshing after a cruise around town. @cbr-f2 recommend Leinenkugels Summer Shandy and that was also delicious. This was a sample pack and I have enjoyed it as well.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I bring to you the most killler of Libations ,,
    The White Russian , or the Caucasian..

for those not in the know , this is the most killer of tasty drinks for those who love coffee drinks.
    Seriously , the method i provide below is a dead ringer for a “frappachino” from starbucks but better..

Start off with good ice(i know ,, Good ice? , there is a difference)

Fill a high-ball glass with ice, all the way up.
    Add 1 1/2 ounce of 3 Olives Vodka ( this is a good top shelf , but still affordable booze)
    Add 1 1/2 ounce of Kahlua Coffee Liquor (you can sub in any , but this is the best coffee booze imo)
    top off with Half and Half cream.( it equates to 1 to 2 ounces depending on the style of ice you are using , but you use it to your taste).)

The result is the tastiest drink you’ve ever had (if you love coffee)

Hope you guys enjoy this one , everyone loved this recipe. You would have loved this one Jason…

Edit- rambler

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam – I like White Russians. It all started after watching The Big Lebowski.

I had an root beer float this evening. Made with good ol’ vanilla ice cream and root beer flavored beer. A single scoop of ice cream and a bottle from Coney Island Brewery. If you haven’t had the delight of trying this new beer, I’ll give you my take. I’ve only had Not Your Dad’s and Coney Island. The NYD has a sweeter taste; smoother. While Coney Island has a stronger taste. I almost say you can taste the alcohol more. The Coney Island has a taste more like a small, independent root beer maker. There isn’t as much vanilla. So, since I used CI, the ice cream added hints of vanilla and mellowed the taste. I liked it. I’ll be having another. Possibly tomorrow. I have one more in the fridge.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94f2-08rr – your the 10th friend to mention the rootbeer flavored beer , i am just gonna have to break down and find this stuff. I am a rootbeer fan any way , so i imagine this would be some tasty brew.

And BTW – im a huge Big Lebowski fan.

Profile photo of ittybitty250
    ittybitty250
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

So I haven’t seen these on here yet. I don’t drink much but I do like a few things.

Cinnamon Toast crunch shot:
    1/2 Rumchata and 1/2 Fireball. It tastes just like cinnamon toast crunch going down and tastes like redhots after.

Malibu Bay Breeze:
    Equal parts Coconut rum, Pineapple juice and cranberry juice.

Love them both and I’m a light weight when it comes to drinking so they do the trick just fine. 8)
    My boyfriend and I have also recently discovered Woodchuck’s Gumption hard apple cider. It’s pretty good too :)

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Great share @ittybitty250 , I have 2 friends that are freakin nuts for that Fireball stuff, i will pass that one on for sure!

The Malibu Bay Breeze is one tasty drink, we used to drink those when Malibu first came out, had forgotten about those, imma have to put those on the grocery list.

Ive been diggin on the apple cider stuff lately too. One of my Bars just got an Angry Orchard Tap and keg , makes a great pitcher, its pretty good on tap.

Good to see ya back btw-

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam – hope this helps and I hope you can get a case.

Not Your Father’s Root Beer

http://smalltownbrewery.com/find/

Coney Island Hard Root Beer

http://coneyislandbeer.com/find/

Profile photo of ittybitty250
    ittybitty250
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@bambam said:

Good to see ya back btw-

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94F2-08RR said:

Coney Island Hard Root Beer

I found this the other day. It is a dead ringer for rootbeer. Was a nice break from beer, wow are they proud of it. a 6 pack was $14. Ill bet it does make a killer float!
    Save a couple to try it.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam – oh my gosh, yes they are. Both of them are actually. It is weird you put this on here today. I just purchased a six pack of Not Your Father’s yesterday. I haven’t opened one yet. While there, I found another brand in a can. I asked the attendant how well it sells. Turns out, it is some strong stuff. While the NYFRB & CI are 8.7% abv, this new stuff was over 6%. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 6.4%abv. I was amazed. The other two, I found, were quiet strong. After having one, I could feel the affects. This is coming from someone that has drank a gallon of Long Island’s in an evening and didn’t feel warm and fuzzy or “buzzed.” The hard root beer was stronger than I thought.

It is past 5p.m. What is your take?

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ive really been digging this beer. Its expensive and has like a bajillion callories but taste soo good.

Viewing 27 posts - 61 through 87 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.