Have you……

RideCBR.com Forums Wheel & Tire Discussion Have you……

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rhyno900 rhyno900 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Have you ever had this problem……

BTW I have Q2

I live in Tucson, AZ and in the summer it can sometimes get up to 120 degrees F. I rode my bike to work yesterday chained it to what I could set my alarm and didn’t return till 8 hours later, got on my bike and as soon as I took off I noticed that something was wrong, for some reason my bike felt like it was in one of those snake cracks on the rode all wobbly like something grabbed the front tire and I was going for a dangerous ride. I thought maybe my tire is low so stopped at a gas station filled up and still it didn’t fix it. I made it home and decided to look at my tired I found nothing wrong by sight or touch. So I gave up riding till my friends at ESP could look at it as soon as the got back from this weekends race in Atlanta. But with my little to no Patients I got on the bike with a hunch rode down the street and started to just warm up my tires going side to side back an forth on the street after a good few warm ups I fixed the problem. I found out that due to the heat and sitting outside for 8 hours my front tire had deformed it self on one side due to the Q2 being so soft. So when I warmed up the tire and with that serpentine motion it leveled out the lopsided tire.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wow, never ever heard of anything like that.

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

thats crazy man, thats what I would have thought was up though…glad you fixed it man..so weird..I would look into getting some goood summer tires for your bike in that heat!!

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I would if tires wernt so expensive lol

Profile photo of broccoli2
    broccoli2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

wow, Its get that hot here sometimes,, I’m glad I park in the garage at home and next to my desk at work lol..

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Yes, tires can become overheated and get greasy like. We are told not to run tire warmers on Q2s during track days because they are designed to warm up quickly, hold heat extremely well, and can become overheated.

Glad everything worked out! Always park in the shade whenever possible.

Profile photo of rhyno900
    rhyno900
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I had a similar incident last Summer. My Lil Bro and I were out on a 100 degree day riding the diamond back here in Indiana. It a nice quiet twisty rode which runs thru the less desierable wide open flat strait line roads which engulf the state of IN And is about a 20 mile strecth that runs east to west. anyway we rode down there which was about a 30 mile ride which was a little hot but not miserable. By the time we arrived we stopped for a 5 min break and some water then started our ride across the state. About 2 miles in my front end felt like it was gonna slide right out in front of me. I thought it might be that it was about time for new tires. tread was ok but getting slim. My brother said that his bike was doing it too. we stopped in a shadded tree line for a bout 20 mins and let the bikes cool off a little and checked out our tires. Nothing had appeared to be wrong so we headed back out and again after about 2 or 3 miles the same thing started happening. After a slow and grueling hout ride we got back to a town and parked. went into the local Applebee’s and had a beer or two and a little food. by the time we got out it was about dusk. so we headed back north towards home and feeling out the bikes all the way, swerving back and forth every so often. by the time we rolled back into town aall was well temp had dropped outside to a mild 80 degrees and we had no tire issues. so i think we might have had some softer tires that did not like the heat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.