Headers

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anubisphoenix00 anubisphoenix00 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tonyopie
    tonyopie
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Anyone know were to get a decent price on a set of aftermarket headers for 06 cbr 600r. Thank u

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

just my two cents here, but unless your gonna ride at red line most of the time you really dont need it. That stock peice on that bike is pretty trick right out of the box, add a can and ride out. But , if your dead set on this, concider a complete exhast system, header all the way back, it will be a tuned system. Jardine makes a sweet set up(RT1 rocks) but the Hyper flo system is TITS. heres a link
    http://www.hyper-flo.com/cbr600.php

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Pretty sure @fatalcycles can handle this also, look up “Fatal cycles exhaust” on you tube. Sounds pretty damned good.

Profile photo of shawnsay
    shawnsay
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I have the full yoshi exhaust on my bike and shes a beast. I’m not sure but I think you HAVE to install a power commander with the full exhaust system.

Profile photo of tonyopie
    tonyopie
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Have a d&d slip on

Profile photo of gixxersmokerr
    gixxersmokerr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Yhea, for a full exhaust, need some sort of fuel management…like stated above, realty doesn’t make a huge diff. For what you got to pay. They look good though,lok

Profile photo of tisoyrider
    tisoyrider
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Good thing i read this, i was honestly debating if i should get a slip on or go all out and get a full system. Thanks guys you all just saved me a good chunk of change. Now i know and knowing is half the battle….

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I run a cut down Jardine RT 1. It is quiet enough at idle and goes freaking mental on top…..around town it wont get you too noticed unless you wach the throttle. And I have never had a concern with not enough power…… some one would probably disagree. But Im more than competative with other bikes….. so I dont care.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Also it is a give and take…. you usually give up midrange for the top end power. But you hardley ever ride at the top of your rpms……

Profile photo of anubisphoenix00
    anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Most guys go with the Arrow headers(http://www.cyclesector.com/Arrow_Headers_03_09_CBR600RR_p/arrow-exhaust-headers600rr.htm) since if I’m not mistaken can mate up to not only your stock muffler but any slip-on. I personally have a leo vince full exhaust because the company is discontinuing the exhaust for 07+ 600RRs I got a full system for little more than a high end slip-on couldn’t help myself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.