Hello all

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cbrclassic cbrclassic 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oceansalive
    oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

New to the site and too the bike sceen….Ladysmith B.C.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@oceansalive Welcome to RideCBR! Whatcha ride?

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thank you for the welcome. Have been on for a few hours and so far its been an enjoyable exsperiance.. Ride an older 91 F2 .600

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome! This is the best place to hang! Good people and fun stuff. Post pics and ask anything you need.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks.. We have fun here and we’re a new community but growing every single day.

Got any pics?

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thanks Jason . I just may have lots of questions as i develop problems and learn whats what in the comunity ..My GF has been on the sites for years im the rookie..lol..
    “Admin” I do have a few pics yes ill post them right up..

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

and another

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

oceansalive:
    Thanks Jason . I just may have lots of questions as i develop problems and learn whats what in the comunity ..My GF has been on the sites for years im the rookie..lol.. “Admin”I do have a few pics yes ill post them right up..

Hey, who’s finger is that- haha! Some of the “Junkies” have been around a while and some of us are just a year riding. I spend a lot (too much my wife says) reading and searching. I’m so addicted to the forum and the info. Fun games here like the picture game and word association. You’ll have to find a team or start a “classics” maybe for the picture game. Our Team Orange (tribal) is killin it currently

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@oceansalive Looks like your bike is in great shape. Looks good! This guy has over 200,000 on his, no seriously 235,000+ @thirdgenxli is the touring Master!!

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Jason Owens:

LOL that finger print is actualy one of the junkies ..lol this would be my better half ..seahorsesylv

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@oceansalive lol good deal! How long have you been riding and what took so long?!

Looks like you’re in British Columbia? I lived in Alaska for 25 years before moving to the “dirty south”

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Jason Owens:
    @oceansalive @thirdgenxli is the touring Master!!

Nice this one actualy only has 40,000 K on it so and iv put 16 of that on last season …previous owner droped it and took out some plasic but nothing that could not be fixed …I actualy bought it to resell… had never ownd a street bike till i made the mistake of going for a ride on it befor i put it up for sale… needless to say i still own it and im not selling it …haha.. Im hooked

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Jason Owens:

Road dirt for many years . only been on the ashfault for a year now and loving it… I swore i would never become a target for cagers but here I am. ..

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@oceansalive Best advice is keep your head on a swivel. Some one once said to ride like they don’t see you so you’re ready when they don’t see you… or something like that anyway. I have been repeatedly crowded as they switch lanes without looking and I usually hit my horn and speed by. I got caught off guard once and got hit on the foot peg. Lucky I didn’t go down. Countless stories out there…

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Jason Owens:
    @oceansalive

absolutly agree on that one we are targets out there it seems

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

welcome to the site bro!!! im diggin the purple! my cousin has a 1998 CBR 600 F3 thats the “smokin joe” edition and its purple just like yours

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

MACtacular:
    welcome to the site bro!!!im diggin the purple! my cousin has a 1998 CBR 600 F3 thats the “smokin joe” edition and its purple just like yours

Thanks …this it not the smokin joe I truly wish it was …

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hey man welcome and i love the classic bike……enjoy the site and all it has to offer….you are lucky your girl rides and is a “junkie” because the rest of us just deal with the bitching of…..”why are you on that ride site, is there something you need to tell me” or “you love that bike more than me”….i just have to reply your second question answered your first……but have fun on here thats what were all about

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Thanks huntre, and yes i tend to agree I am lucky in many ways ….cheers

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Hunter:
    Hey man welcome and i love the classic bike……enjoy the site and all it has to offer….you are lucky your girl rides and is a “junkie” because the rest of us just deal with the bitching of…..”why are you on that ride site, is there something you need to tell me” or “you love that bike more than me”….i just have to reply your second question answered your first……but have fun on here thats what were all about

Oh don’t worry…….I let him know all the time how lucky he is to have me! :-D Funny thing is when he and I go out and about and end up in a bike shop or even when we went to the bike show this year, the salesman always talk to him about the bikes and what he rides or what opinions he has on things pertaining to the bikes and he always says “well I’m new to bikes but my GF here is much more familiar with them and could probally answer that better!” Then they look at me and think they will “humor” us by talking with me and I usually end up showing him that female riders DO know their bikes and/or gear and that we DO have useful imput and knowledge. I’m glad when I come home from a ride he doesn’t say those things to me like some of your spouses say. I’d have to kill him. lol

oceansalive
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hell why would I say things like that ,,,, you know where I sleep…lol

Profile photo of cbrclassic
    cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hey Ladysmith …. welcome to RideCBR !!

The older F2’s are one classic solid CBR !!!! a bloody good one to start out on too IMO :-)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.