hello from ocala, fl

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions hello from ocala, fl

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bacaboy69 bacaboy69 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fullmetalf4i
    fullmetalf4i
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hey everyone,
    Im curtis from Ocala/gainesville florida.
    Heard about this forum/social network from 600rr.net so figured I’d check it out and broaden the base of info available on the cbrs.
    I have 2 cbr600s at the moment.
    05 F4i that i bought off the showroom floor in 05, now has 100k+ miles on her. She’s the everyday steed.
    picked up an 05 600RR this winter to campaign the 2012 WERA Southeast/North Florida season with. Its closer to stock than sbk but I felt it did alright at Roebling.

Hope to meet some new folks and find some more info on here

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Dude join the south florida group and we can start planning get togethers….plus post some pics of both

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hahaha. Welcome to our awesome site hope to have some fun conversations with you.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to RideCBR. Message me if you need anything.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Welcome! you meant 1k not 100k right? I think the highest mileage i saw on a bike was probably 50k and thats A LOT!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I rode with a guy that did 3 iron man rides and a bunch of cross country trips. He’s retired but owned a F4i that had 121,000 miles on it. When he said it I didn’t believe it, but he had maintenance records from honda every 5k miles. Insane!

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I have seen a Honda cbr600rr with 200k miles on it. Mine has 32k just shows how much I love riding. If you can take care of your bike the bike will take care of you.

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

oh wow! man that is crazy. @admin and @baca did these bikes have mostly stock parts or many changed out parts already?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The guy I knew had 100% stock parts. Changed all fluids regularly along with air filter as well as tires and nothing else broke or had to be replaced. Gotta love Honda.

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Stock engine but regular change out of mandatory parts like chain, sprocket, Lube, filter…..ect everything that you would do normaly. Its just like a car you take care of it and it could potentially last forever. I know that sooner or later I will change out the insides of the engine but that’s just because I want to not because i have too. Even though I will change out the insides the new inside practicly make it a completely new engine but the old mileage on the bike will stick with you on the bike forever unless you get a gauge with 0 miles.

Profile photo of cbrman50
    cbrman50
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Welcome bro

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

ya but it’ll show on the title.. well im amazed.. i know for sure ill never hold on to a bike for that long… im a car and bike whore… cant stay with one for too long lol.

bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Hmmm. Never had that done for a car and I’ve done a couple engines, maybe its different for bikes I haven’t done a bike yet so idk.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.