Hello from sunny San Diego!

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions Hello from sunny San Diego!

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jules jules 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hi all!

I have recently become the proud owner of a 2007 CBR 600rr! YAY!

Glad to be here and to get to know all y’all.

Jen

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome Jen!

Great to have another SoCal member here! SD has some great riding, take advantage of it.

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Oh yes. I absolutely love San Diego. Started riding here, and I’m never leaving! Haha. Where are you from, 74demon?

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Just over the county line in the Temecula area. I live on one side of the 74 and work in OC on the other….

Where are you at?

Profile photo of kgprice
    kgprice
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Congrats and welcome…nice riding weather all year round out there!

Kevin
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2001 Honda CBR 929RR Respol Edition

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Oh sweet. Ortega is a nice road! The carousel. :) I live in PB. Close to downtown.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ortega used to be better. The pavement in parts has become horrible in the past few years, and the traffic is nuts. There is much better riding in the mountains of north and east San Diego.

Let me know if you want to join me and empty your tank sometime.

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Yeah, well it is a commuter road!

Of course. Riding sounds fun, I’ll def join you when I get the chance. Always down to ride!

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hope this rain goes away soon…..

Are you getting some of this rain?

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Me too. Going to the Ducati tour on Sunday. I think there’s a flash flood warning…

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That will be fun, Where at? I thought they came through California last January.

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

It was at Moto Forza last weekend, and it’s going to Southbay in Chula Vista this coming tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday!

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Let’s hope the weather improves. Rain is good for many things, but riding motorcycles is not one of them!

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Yup. It’s coming down hard!

Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

:hi: Welcome!!! West Coast!!!

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@CBR-F2 said:
    :hi: Welcome!!! West Coast!!!

Woo! Thanks. :D

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome from the Philippines

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of roqet
    roqet
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Welcome!

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to RideCBR @mang0! Post a pic of your ride, we’re all picture junkies here.

Glad to have you here.. post if you have any questions at all. Ride Safe.

Profile photo of dan5291
    dan5291
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Welcome from NH!! I ride a 2007 CBR600RR that I got about 2 months ago:D Maybe we can learn about them together and talk about different modicifations/upgrades that work with our year. 8)

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@Dan5291 said:
    Welcome from NH!! I ride a 2007 CBR600RR that I got about 2 months ago:D Maybe we can learn about them together and talk about different modicifations/upgrades that work with our year. 8)

Of course! I got mine with a Yosh slip-on and a CBR1000rr integrated tail light that doesn’t fit… so I need to find a replacement. :P

Profile photo of dan5291
    dan5291
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@mang0:
    would you be able to get a video of your yoshi in action? I currently ride with a stock exhaust but I’m looking to upgrade soon, I’ve been eyeing the Toce exhausts. As far as integrated tail lights, I really like the programmable one from TST Industries, they are sponsors of the sight too, @tstagent will help you with any questions you might have about them.

I’m basically saving up for the TST Industries hyper pack that they offer, they seem like a great company from what I know so far:)

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@Dan5291 said:
    @mang0:
    would you be able to get a video of your yoshi in action? I currently ride with a stock exhaust but I’m looking to upgrade soon, I’ve been eyeing the Toce exhausts. As far as integrated tail lights, I really like the programmable one from TST Industries, they are sponsors of the sight too, @tstagent will help you with any questions you might have about them.

I’m basically saving up for the TST Industries hyper pack that they offer, they seem like a great company from what I know so far:)

Sure! Once the rain stops here, I’ll see if I can post a Youtube up. Or… I’ll can see if I can find someone else’s video.

I vote AKRAPOVIC! Haha. That’s the exhaust that I wanted to get, but I bought mine with the RS5, so I’m just keeping it now. Might sell it later on and finally get the Akra though. :D

TST is very highly rated! I think TST and Tripage are the top IT lights people recommend.

Profile photo of dan5291
    dan5291
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

yea, the only thing I bought from TST so far was a stick on light for my licenseplate…but they have so many great videos, plus the fact that they sponsor the site is reason enough for me to want to go with them.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@mang0 Welcome from another best coast member :hi: Dont forget pics! Inquiring minds want to see what your rollin’

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Ah yes. PICTURES! Surprisingly, I don’t have many. Have only taken her out like 2 times for a spin. It’s been rainy… and I’ve been just a little scared of her.

First pic ever taken!

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Oooooooo so purdy! Whats on your stator cover? Is that a fishy or was your bike downed before :cry:

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@TheRedRocket said:
    Oooooooo so purdy! Whats on your stator cover? Is that a fishy or was your bike downed before :cry:

It has, unfortunately, been down before. On both sides. Even before I got it. :( I figured I’d drop it at least once (and I have already, on the right side), so I wasn’t too worried about it. Once I’m a bit more comfortable with the height, I’ll probably replace the plastics and get some aftermarket ones. Or some used OEM. Not sure yet.

It does, strangely, look like a fish though. Must be the angle. Never noticed that before o_0

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I heard that, same situation as me. My 04 looked like poo when I got her. My buddy low sided both sides before I got it. I took all the decals off and buffed the paint as best as I possibly could. Had to fix all the electrical issues and put new mirrors on. It doesn’t look too bad and still get plenty of compliments. The original owner thought I actually had it painted the first time he saw it after I worked it out. This is my 3rd street bike in the last 7 or 8 years and the only one of the three that I’ve dropped :poundinghead: I slipped on gravel in my driveway once. The RR is a tippy toe bike for my short legs but I refuse to lower it so I just slide off the side like I did with the dirt bikes. I am 5’5″ or so and just deal with it. Sorry to ramble, but I tend to talk a lot when I meet new people.

Profile photo of mang0
    mang0
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@TheRedRocket said:
    I heard that, same situation as me. My 04 looked like poo when I got her. My buddy low sided both sides before I got it. I took all the decals off and buffed the paint as best as I possibly could. Had to fix all the electrical issues and put new mirrors on. It doesn’t look too bad and still get plenty of compliments. The original owner thought I actually had it painted the first time he saw it after I worked it out. This is my 3rd street bike in the last 7 or 8 years and the only one of the three that I’ve dropped :poundinghead: I slipped on gravel in my driveway once. The RR is a tippy toe bike for my short legs but I refuse to lower it so I just slide off the side like I did with the dirt bikes. I am 5’5″ or so and just deal with it. Sorry to ramble, but I tend to talk a lot when I meet new people.

Glad to know I’m not the only one with the short problem! I’m 5’2″, but I dropped my bike the first time I rode it because I stalled. :( Clutch and throttle are muuuch more sensitive than the Ninja 500!

I’m hoping I can get a set of the OEM green fairings from 2009 to put on the 2007. :)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.