Hello from the Junkies!!!!

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions Hello from the Junkies!!!!

This topic contains 59 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of juliet juliet 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well I want to formaly introduce our selves to the site as a whole. You may have notice a few new members in the introductions section who seem to know each other.

Well we all belonged to a site Known as CBRJ or CBRJUNKIE.COM The site was small much like this one, still just starting out and tring to grow. We ran into a few problems early on from a self described hacker out to cause havoc and control the site from the out side. Then Due to a change in Jobs, and a growing Family our site owner sold every thing to another member. Lots of changes happened, things got a little scrambled and as we were getting it back together and cohesive the site Just imploded. We loged on one day to a “account suspended” message. A member found rideCBR.com and it seemed to fit our dynamic. we figured we could all come here and not get lost in the vastness of a larger site. And we could offer you a nice growth in size and knowledge as a whole. Making this (a great site) even better.

As members of CBRJ we refered to our selves as “Junkies”. While the site is gone we are still hooked for a CBR fix. So now we are RideCBR.com Junkies. So if you hear the term “junkie” or “Junkies” it refers to us. Admin was kind enough to Give his blessing on a RideCBR group for Former CBRJunkies. That way we can find more of our lost members and get them here, and they will have a way of keeping intouch with us and get to know the site as a whole as we all settle in here. Our core members who were on at any given time numbered around 20 or 30 maybe are largely lost! We are still searching for them, since a lot of us only knew each other through the site and by screen names. With out the site we dont have full names, emails or even face book info for a lot of those people. But piece by piece we are finding em and getting them here.

So on behafe of all the Junkies, Thanks for the warm welcome we have all recieved. We love it here and look forward to becoming a big part of the RideCBR.com community. Thank you!! :)

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Thank you for writing this Alec, I was thinking the same thing about putting something down about us all too.

Some smaller sites have an established set of members that are happy with the amount of posting members and to have us suddenly descend upon you all like this without an invite did get me thinking if we’re doing the right thing, we kinda gate crashed, blame me for that, sorry … but, you really have made us all feel welcome here. :)

When junkie ‘imploded’ I looked around for a while for a new site and what I found was either a whole array of completely dead CBR forums or others like 600rr.net which just seemed so busy and sprawling that we would be eaten up and lost in the noisy confusion.

Then I found this place and watched it for a while and realised what a sweet little paradise it was, kinda a home from home … but our home as it was in the early days. I got in touch with as many members as I could, facebook and old email accounts etc and got them to ask and find as many others too.

As far as ‘cbrjunkie’ goes I will never return there even if it comes back online, I would much rather stay here if that’s alright with you guys? I’m sure many from junkie would also rather stay here too. The site proved just too unreliable and for it to be switched off like that without warning and leaving all it’s members floundering without a single word is simply not on in my book.

So, if you’ll have us we’d very much like to stay around even if junkie comes back I for one will never go back.

Jules

Profile photo of steria
    steria
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Welcome to RideCBR, Alec!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well if I can be the first to say, as one of the first 15 members here, to all you Junkies out there, welcome and we are glad you crashed this party! We are a very social group and please make yourselves at home and enjoy. The people are what makes or breaks a forum IMHO and I am on three but this is by far the best place to hang out. I know each of your experiences and knowledge will be well received here! Thanks for coming in being polite and again settle into your new home!

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks!! and I dont want any body to get the wrong Idea, we dont persay have a leader. We all just choose to keep company with each other. And evey one has been pleased with this site since day one. So….it feels good to be home!

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

welcome to ridecbr guys. Sorry to hear about your past site but @admin so far as this on lockdown and things are going great *knock on wood* and hopefully we wont have any issues.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

well said hubbs, this site does have that down to earth feel . Thanks for lettin us junkies move in ..

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@All Junkies GTFO……….. Psh…… Naw welcome to our home!!! We hope you come to love this place and enjoy or conversations.

@juliet you stocker you, watching us for sometime before introducing yourself I feel violated…… I like it lmao.

Profile photo of htown
    htown
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Welcome guys and we are of course glad to have all of you junkies who still continue to cycle in and hopefully for you guys you can get a majority of your buddies from the other site onto this one…..Knowledge is power

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to all Junkies! Hopefully RideCBR can give you the community that you’ve all been looking for (and we’re not going anywhere). I’m glad you found us and thank you Juliet again for inviting everyone to our community.

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Great post! Thanks again for finding me Jules, one of the lost lost Junkies ;)

Profile photo of raven
    raven
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

When I joined my first forum (“seebarf”) my ride buddies said I was Norteno-loco, and that all forums sucked. That day, riding the Jemez Mtns., I ate adobe roost, and I had to write and sing the following:
    Greetings I bid, my name iS QUID
    and I did not do what you thought I did!
    I ride a moto, I will send you a photo.
    If you like what you see, come ride with me.
    I’m a picker and a grinner and a toker too,
    but please don’t ask me what I think of you.
    If you like to fight you’re a double-drag fool,
    you’re not a gear-head, you’re just a tool.__GS. 03-15-2007 11:24 Hrs.

That was five years ago. I lost all of my posts, and worse, some good friends. I still can’t believe they’re gone.
    Our “Official Welcome Kitteh (Hoolietta) gives this place her seal of approval, and that’s good enough for me. This place has the look and feel of the righteous. If I can’t succeed in my mission, then it is my fault. Have good day :)

Profile photo of ffingers
    ffingers
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

what’s up people….i feel like a broken record, but sorry for my “hiatus” as they always seem to be. barely have even time to ride, let alone be posting online and/or running a board! sorry to hear about alan and the implosion…can someone please let me know what actually happened?

as for getting old users….i believe I still MAY have an sql dump from the orginal CBRJ and may be able to get usernames and/or emails for a couple people that may want to undertake contacting members….

also there is still the CBRJ facebook group that should have some people on there as well!

glad everyone found a new home….

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

What’s up @ffingers – Welcome to RideCBR! I’m sure Juliet or other past CBRJ members would love that list to connect with past members on RideCBR. Thanks for joining!

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

We need something, there are still many lost out there … it’s so great to see you here too Tony :-)

Jules

Profile photo of ffingers
    ffingers
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@Admin thanks for the welcome….i’ll try and be active although my life is pretty hectic….internet is not a luxury i get to enjoy much anymore….

that being said…for those that don’t know…i was the original creator of CBRJ as a revolution against cbrforum back in the day….it was fun while it lasted, but due to my time commitments, some very angry people, things went south….i thought i was handing it over to a good person willing to fight the good fight, but alas it appears i was wrong…glad the group was able to find a safe haven and i hope our previous problems have finally come to an end…..

Profile photo of hayden
    hayden
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

as a former junkie, i look forward to checking out the new place….thanks for the warm welcome.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@ffingers I know how hectic life can be.. that’s why we have a mobile theme ;-)

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@steria, wtf .. I dont even…

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@ ffingers It is so good to see you! You should be so proud, Cbrj grew til it escaped the net and came to life. As long as were around ,Junkie will live on some where forever!

@admin I wasnt sure at first, but this place has the potential to grow by at least half again at this rate! Lol

Profile photo of freekman
    freekman
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

come one come all

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Fingers! I thought I had fishes number but i didn’t…to date i’ve hit up garrett, jason(jaynd), and poopoo…Garrett and I still ride together from time to time just hard to track either of us down, he has a newborn as do I(my 2nd child) so you know how that goes. Glad a lot of us are starting to surface here.

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You have no Idea LW……..you have no idea! I have thought so many to be lost forever, and now they just keep poping in. I think some forums might get a little spooked by this many people with a history together storming in…But this crew has had smiles and open arms the whole way……This, after having the plug pulled on us, has been like an early christmas!

Profile photo of woo545
    woo545
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Well, nuts. So much for hiding out, incognito and all. :-|

Profile photo of playfulgod
    playfulgod
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

sup????????????

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Yeay, it’s Playful too … oh and I think some of the post are appearing out of synch, is it the times that have been altered or something??

Jules

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Yes, definitely a problem, Crash’s ‘I see you’ keeps appearing as the last post and my post just went in between playful and him??

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@juliet @admin fixed the time zone deal so posts will appear out of order for a bit today. It should fix itself because all posts are now going to be EST. It’s really screwing with the word association game- haha

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

^^I seeee you…. 8-O

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.