Helmet hook

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of atx600rr atx600rr 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of skydynamics
    skydynamics
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

have anyone install a helmet hook onto your 600rr? Im trying to find a good place to install a hook under the passenger seat.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

What i used to do is take the straps of the helmet and tie it up to the passenger peg (sits pretty good) or tie it and fasten it under the seat and lock the seat back in. I tied it under the seat and put the helmet on the back seat, so I knew it was locked there by the seat lock.

There is other options out there like: http://www.orientexpress.com/Honda-Sport-CBR600RR_p-15927-sato-racing-helmet-lock.aspx but I couldn’t find any pictures and I never had the need.

Profile photo of skydynamics
    skydynamics
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

damn that’s a crazy price just for helmet lock lol. thanks admin. i’ll try your method next time.

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

and I wish someone would make something similar to THIS for a CBR! that would be absolutely freakin AWESOME!!!!! they look like normal bar ends, but theyre DEF not!!!

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I just put the buckle around one of the hooks under the rear seat and lock the seat back in. i dont like that theres so much pressure on the rear lock though so I do it as little as possible. I usually just lock it up if i’m going to class.

Profile photo of ericsl2
    ericsl2
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Want to know the best spot in my opinion? Dependin on the year bike,, because im not sure all have it; theres a red square reflector on either side of the passenger seat which comes off very easily. Remove that, and go to home depot or some other place,, get a 90 degree L. It will look very shitty unless you do some fab work to it, but take a dremel and round the edges out, open a bigger size hole on the exposed end of the L when mounted, paint it to match, and use a helmet lock or just run your shin strap through it. The way it would sit it wouldnt rub against your fairings if it was windy, and if you dont like it you only spent about 5$ in parts…

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

okay guys, hold your tits, I just did a little DIY on some helmet hooks for a CBR in my garage JUST NOW…I took pics of the process so im gonna be posting a “HOW TO” guide on this subject….ill let you know when its up!

mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict
    Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

My 05 has a cable that hooks on the clutch side bracket under the pass seat and loops through my helments d rings.. I just assumed it was a factory item.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.