HELP!! Mounting a center stand on a CBR600F4i

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions HELP!! Mounting a center stand on a CBR600F4i

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of golsonca golsonca 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cat0020
    cat0020
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Any CBR600F4i owners that have a factory center stand on their bike?

I’m trying to find a part number from Honda for the center stand assembly, along with other misc. parts (springs, mounting pin, etc), can anyone help??

Here are a few pictures of a 2006 F4i engine, green arrows are locations where I think the centerstand would connect to the engine:

This is the only picture I could find of a F4i with centerstand deployed:

Brakes, who needs them, they only slow you down.
    --Snuffy Smith--

Chances favor the prepared

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Huh… center stand on a CBR. Have you tried your local Honda shop. I’ve got a small local shop that I get most of my part from. The guy Bruce is a great guy… the kind that goes above and beyond. If you want his number I can PM you. He could probably get you the part # at least.

Profile photo of cat0020
    cat0020
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I’m in the USA, i tried my local Honda dealer, they have no info on center stand for f4i models… at least not available to US dealer.

--Snuffy Smith--

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Maybe its a Europe thing? Where’s @Juliet when you need her?

Profile photo of cat0020
    cat0020
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I got centerstand installed on my 2006 F4i:

Hard part was finding the right length screw to mount it:

Went out for spin with my friend’s 2014 BMW R1200GS:

--Snuffy Smith--

Profile photo of motonut9000
    motonut9000
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Hi I’m also looking for a center stand for my 2006 cbr600f4i (United States version) but I can’t find part numbers or anything else with which to cross reference this part. I understand they were available on European versions of the bike (perhaps) but my best google efforts have failed me. Can anyone tell me where or how I might find a center (centre) stand for this bike?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@cat0020 Do you have a part number that you could share with @motonut9000?

I looked and I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Welcome to the site @motonut9000

Profile photo of cat0020
    cat0020
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I don’t have a part number, but there is a used centerstand on eBay that looks exactly like the one I installed on my 2006 CBR600F4i

2000 HONDA CBR600 F PC35 CENTRE STAND

Title says 2000 model CBR, I suspect it to be incorrect.

--Snuffy Smith--

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Center stands on CBRs were definitely a European market thing, all the way back to the F2, at least – your best bet would be to search eBay UK, as the cost of the parts used vs. new will be massive, and not everything shipped from England is mega-high cost… anyway, here’s the fiche you need for that item – parts 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 & 11:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=13MBW501&block_02=F__2100&block_03=957

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of jpunt
    jpunt
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I’m having issues mounting a center stand on my CBR 600 FS (from ’02). I’ve bought one that’s supposed to be for my model, but the axle that came with it is way bigger than the holes that supposed to mount it. The stand seems to fit great, but the axle doesn’t. How am I supposed to mount this? Thanks!

Profile photo of golsonca
    golsonca
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Sorry to bring this thread up from the dead, but I am going through the exact same issues with my Canadian 2003 CBR600f4i. I sourced a used centre stand from UK eBay, and encountered exact same fitment issues as jpunt.

The aluminium plates that the suspension link & side stand mount to for the America/Canadian f4i (and European 600Fs) models are threaded to accept the lower fairing mount on the side-stand side (not sure why the exhaust side is threaded. nothing is mounted there). The European 600f models have steel sleeves in this position to accept the centre stand axle (and the lower fairing mount is part of the centre stand mounting axle). Mounting the OEM centre stand requires either boring the current plates to accept the mounting axle, or (preferably), source the plates that already have the sleeves.

The next issue will be the stopper for the stand to rest against in the upper position. On 600F models in Europe, there is a tab welded on the stock exhaust link pipe, just ahead of the muffler. This tab is missing from stock muffler on 600Fs and 600f4i models. You will need to fabricate a stopper of your own. The second pic posted by cat0020 from above shows his stopper (angled piece bolted on the stand, and covered with rubber. You can also see where the stopper tab makes contact on the left side aluminium suspension mount). This stopper should be fabricated to keep the stand as high as possibly while still clearing the chain, and it needs to be solid to hold enough spring tension to avoid flopping around. Sufficient spring tension is an absolute must; it will probably not end well if the centre stand retraction spring falls off while riding.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.