Hiya from Widnes

RideCBR.com Forums New Member Introductions Hiya from Widnes

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wilkie2
    wilkie2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

New member here, passed my test about 7 months ago and bought a 2005 cbr600f. I love riding but haven’t got a clue about maintainance so hopefully you don’t mind the questions whilst I’m learning.

Mike

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome to RideCBR.com – If you have any questions about the site or need help at all, please don’t hesitate to mention me (@admin) almost anywhere here and i’ll come to the rescue. Thanks for joining and welcome to our community.

Post some pics of the bike! We’re all picture junkies.

Also.. post any questions you have. We can always help and someone is almost always online.

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Welcome @wilkie2. Like admin mentioned ask questions, we do not care to answer. In the meantime, if it is possible, look for a repair/shop manual for your bike. You can find what you need, read along to their directions and then also follow along, somewhat, to the advice other members may possibly give.

Profile photo of wilkie2
    wilkie2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Thank you for the replies, have worked on cars since I was a kid but bikes are so different. Not the best pics but all I have on here at the moment.

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Bike looks good!

Profile photo of roqet
    roqet
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Welcome!

Profile photo of saturnv
    saturnv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hi Mike @wilkie2,

Your bike looks in good nick – low mileage?

Mine is about 8 years older than yours so it’s an old carburettor version but still pretty damn good and was just under 13,000 miles when I bought it last March…

I did my Direct Access 10 years ago then bought a Yamaha Diversion 600 which was a soft intro into middleweight bikes but even that felt powerful compared with the 500cc ones you learn on. So take it easy for a while (specially in this icy weather lol) – these bikes can be ridden gently but bear in mind they were designed and built for racing so they take off like rocket-ships once you twist the throttle past 6000 rpm :)

Not trying to be patronising but that’s just what I’ve found going from the Yamaha to the CBR – same engine capacity but nearly DOUBLE the power!!

Oh and yeah it’s true, you can ask these guys anything they seem to know all there is to know about bike maintenance – and I’ve asked some pretty dumb questions believe me!

Tim

Profile photo of wilkie2
    wilkie2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Cheers Tim, it has just over 20,000 on the clock so I owe thanks to the previous owner who really looked after it. We have only had one day where it was icy up here (about 3 miles outside of Liverpool ) but I really can’t wait for the weather to warm up so I can enjoy it properly.

I haven’t ridden the bike that hard yet, coming from cars I always feel I’m going to damage it if I rev too hard. Need to get that out of my head but it’s been there so long.

Mike

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@wilkie2 said:
    I really can’t wait for the weather to warm up so I can enjoy it properly.

Me neither. My beauty is stuck in the garage with ice and snow on the ground, and plenty more on the way this weekend. Boooo!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.