how much does this suck

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads how much does this suck

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Picked up this screw in my front tire some time in the last week. Just got this tire back in March

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Lame, hope it’s an extremely short shank and didn’t go all the way through.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I topped it off at 42 psi and drove 20 minutes home and was down to 35. . . Some retard in a prius didn’t see me and tried to my lane on my way into work last night so I had to go onto the shoulder to avoid him. . .pretty sure that’s when I picked it up. . .

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

that sucks had that happen a few times especially when your around a tire repair shop…. HMMM coincidence?

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That sucks.. been there before. Knock on wood been lucky so far with the 1kRR.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m going to do the unthinkable and plug the front with a stop and go plug kit. . It’s getting colder here now so not planning on any distance rides til spring. . Just commuting 12 miles each way to work. . . Til they start salting and sanding for snow. . Or my company car gets out of the shop. . . Kit should be here next week. . .

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Get a patch not a plug if you plan on riding on it for awhile. I just had a discussion with an old timer about plugs vs patches. He was telling me that due to the tire heating up and cooling off it can be quite dangerous if the plug causes a blow out and your on a bike with only two wheels. He is an old mechanic from Vietnam and says he has seen many tires blow out from a plug. They are good for a short time but a patch is the way to ton of your not going to replace it and ride the highway. They have a shit ton of scooters over there and he worked on them and industrial trucks. Just his recomendation from an old man.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Talked to the shops in the area and they won’t do a patch. . Even though Dunlop themselves says an internal patch plug is considered a permanent fix. . . Probably just get tire replaced. . So sad to have to replace it after only 5 months. .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.