HOW TO: Polish dirty chrome exhaust

RideCBR.com Forums Member How-To Section HOW TO: Polish dirty chrome exhaust

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of olboy olboy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of speedynas
    speedynas
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

*DISCLAIMER*
    In no way to I proclaim to be the SME on cleaning or polishing but this is how I did it. Others might have better methods and hopefully they gladly share below.

I started with a diluted mixture of water and SuperClean

This stuff is very abrasive and will scratch (etch) anything shiny so beware. If you’ve never heard of it or used it then know it is VERY strong and concentrated. You don’t need much. The squirt bottle in the picture is 32oz. I used slightly less than a third SC to water.

Nasty right?

Better shot in the sun.

When the pipe is clean and dry grab yourself some Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish. I’ve used this stuff for over 10 years and it never fails to amaze me.

If you have a Dremel tool with a polisher then grab it. Otherwise don’t be afraid to use a soft buffing pad with some elbow grease…LIKE A MAN.
    Small, firm circles.

Just like waxing your vehicle/girlfriend you don’t want to stay in one place too long. Wax on, wipe off, move on.

Hope this helps.

One more.

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

THAT’S MY EXHAUST!!!!! I wonder if I could get that can blacked like you did your midpipe dude…that would be SOOOO SIIIICCCKKKK

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Btw, awesome writeup and im DIGGING those flip flops!!! :mrgreen: lol..im sure this will come in handy for alot of people who like their stuff shiiiinnnyyyy

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

GJ OP. I tried to clean and polish mine when I repacked it a few weeks ago.. Lets just say cleaning was easy but polishing by hand.. No thank you. Next time its off I’m gonna bust out the power tools.

Profile photo of olboy
    olboy
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

A great tip. A bit of elbow grease does wonders!! :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.