I finally tamed the Tail of the Dragon

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse I finally tamed the Tail of the Dragon

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I am vacationing in Sevierville, TN. We ended up going to church with one of my wife’s former co workers in Maryville, TN. Since Maryville is only 20 minutes from the Tail of the Dragon I convinced her to try it out. . . . Here is a pic.

Lol. . .Not the same when doing it in my suburban, but I’ll be back in July with my ST1300 to do it right. The drive toward NC was clean, but we saw 2 crashes on our way back toward TN. . A sport tourer who took a turn to sharply and hit the burm and a Harley rider who decided to go off roading down the cliff. The sport tourer totalled his bike and got a trip to the hospital, but the Harley guy was fine, except for his pride. 2 sport bike riders and a slingshot rider/driver? Got to meet the local police for other reasons. . . Lol

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@nueyf41 just over a year ago, June 4-11, I went on vacation down there. I didn’t remember hearing of any accidents while down there. But on my way out of there and towards home, I pulled over for two deputies and an ambulance heading in. I found out hours later there was a fatality. Rider crossed the line and hit a vehicle. A surreal experience when you think I, meaning yourself, was just a few miles ahead. Another five minutes breaking camp and I could have very well been the vehicle involved.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I hope that our motorcycle trip is an uneventful one. When I visited the tree of shame I saw that there was already a piece of the same year of ST1300 I have on it!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.