I, too, now have new boots :-)

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse I, too, now have new boots :-)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pacemaker pacemaker 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I finally have a set of new tyres on my 600RR, taken the week before last after her first jaunt out wearing her new sport touring Bridestone T30’s

Click for full size image…

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of dan5291
    dan5291
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

So shiny and new!! how do they ride?

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You said “boots”…I thought you would be wearing them!

How do you like them? Last time I put touring tires on mine (an attempt to get more mileage out of a set), I hated them. They probably would have been alright had I not been commuting a canyon.

Currently running Bridgestone S20 EVO…. Like them so far.

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Oh, I do have some new ‘boots’ too….snazzy white and black RST’s :-)

I bought the Bridgestone T30’s based on a few reviews I read about them, that for touring tyres they grip very well in all conditions yet are also long lasting. One review I read the guy said he had them on a bike and went for a couple of week’s very hard touring with lots of sport riding thrown in the mix … He said the grip felt awesome and there was absolutely no sign of wear during the tour covering 600 miles or more.

I ride around Wales country roads, which are a mix of long sweepers and tighter bends with good long fast straights in between … they are generally race track smooth. I have only been out a couple of times on them and even though they are still scrubbing in I can’t find fault with them, the grip and feedback feels as good as it ever did with the 600RR, but then again, perhaps I do not push my bike like I once did.

I really am quite reserved these days, a mix of just bimbling along with the occasional spurt of hard acceleration and chucking it around some nice, ‘well known’, bends for fun.

It was a different story when I first bought the bike back in 2009, I just went everywhere at warp speed. Strangely, despite the throttling back of my riding, I’m enjoying it as much or even more…

I guess it really is just all about the ride :-)

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of pacemaker
    pacemaker
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I’ve tried the former Bridgestones (020’s) & they seemed fine. Compared to wot tyres used to be like (in the old days) we are spoiled for choice. I remember when I got a set of Pirelli Phantoms on my Kwaka & marvelled that they actually gripped in the wet. :-D There is nothing wrong with the odd slow(ish) ride now & then Jules. The main part of the “Live to Ride” philosophy is the word “Live”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.