I was just gonna wash it. I swear!

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads I was just gonna wash it. I swear!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dubv dubv 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of redstar
    redstar
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I was going to carry out some maintenance on my 89 CBR1000f and I was going to just remove some fairings and the tank so that I could replace a worn cam chain tensioner. Now I am seriously considering tearing it all the way down to the last bolt and going full rebuild, engine included, paint and anything else I can think of. My wife came out, had a look and just said, “I thought you were just going to wash it.” Anyway will decide this week if its worth it. I have other bikes so it’s not my first time at the rodeo. Anyway, before this morning:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67717993/20140629_175306%5B1%5D.jpg

After:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67717993/20140712_145248%5B1%5D.jpg

The tank is coming off after dinner, it needs to to free up space to work on the motor. Will share what I end up doing even if it is just to demonstrate some basic stuff for other guys who may need the info.

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You are motivated. I wash my bike maybe once per year. If I took my bike apart I would lose about 16% of the bolts.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer your response to this was hilarious! Lol

Anyways good luck man. Thats a sweet fire blade. I work on my own stuff also but only because i am able to in most cases and would be ridiculous to pay a dealer something i and some friends can do. The issue for me is with patience. If i cant immediately and easily get to a bolt, remove a part, etc i get pissed and no longer enjoy myself. Lol. Im about to start changing some parts with my cooling system and even though im looking forward to it now… I can already vision my self sweating, covered in antifreeze, and frustrated wanting to throw tools. Lmao. Anyways I assume you’ll be posting pics of the progress.. Looking forward to it man

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of ampp
    ampp
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

LOL! @fishfryer how did you get to 16% :rotfl:

@redstar, the bike looks great. Good luck if you do decide to go all out.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@fishfryer Dosent Joke….If he said he washes his bike once a year…. then he washes it once a year. Dont get me wrong though he is a bit of a phlianthrapist, He surley helps out the less fortunate co’eds and young hot single moms by giving at the local bikini bike washes…. LOL

Thats a awesome looking old girl you have there, cant wait to see what it looks like finished!

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

16%… Math is my thing, not mechanical stuff.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wow, you started with a correctly oriented bike to wash and somehow managed to dismantle it and turn it upside down. :lol:

Good luck with the project.

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@redstar, that’s a darn fine specimen of 1000F – good luck with whatever you end up doing!

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of derrick
    derrick
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN bike bro! can’t wait to see.

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This was 6 months ago and he never posted again.

Maybe he lost 16% of the bolts and couldnt get it back together. Lol. You are not alone @fishfryer :rotfl:

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was just cleaning it and it went off…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.