I'm not into 'modding' but I could be tempted by this…

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse I'm not into 'modding' but I could be tempted by this…

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bambam bambam 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

The top picture is the lightly modded bike and the bottom picture is mine how it is now, factory standard. I must admit I think those mods really set the bike off … what do you guys think??
    I’ve also included a large image of the bike as an attachment so you can see the detail better.

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

It looks the same. Both bikes are too busy looking although the wheel tape does looks good. They look like some 7 year old japanese kid copied some power rangers costume and drew it on a bike.

The whole ‘modding’ thing is out of hand, to mod your bike just to make it look different is kinda dumb, to change it for performance, comfort, safety or utility makes sense to me.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Fishfryer:
    It looks the same. Both bikes are too busy looking although the wheel tape does looks good. They look like some 7 year old japanese kid copied some power rangers costume and drew it on a bike.

The whole ‘modding’ thing is out of hand, to mod your bike just to make it look different is kinda dumb, to change it for performance, comfort, safety or utility makes sense to me.

And I thought you liked my bike? :cry:

The bottom bike is mine … I actually always like my red and white colour scheme … the way the tank decals change from red to black gradually.

The ‘modded’ bike just has a nice seat cover and some black carbon bits with the red rim tape, nothing I couldn’t put back to standard at any time….

Also I think my bike looks better when you see it in the flesh … she really is striking out on the road or close up.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I don’t think I’d go for the white decals on the upper fairing like the ‘modded’ one and I’m not usually into carbon fibre … I just thought in this case the mudguard and the hugger together with the carbon exhaust cover set the bike off … kinda added more black to the bike as there is already a lot of red. Maybe I’ll just try some red rim tape…. although I do think the rim tape looks better against the carbon mudguard.

Profile photo of fishfryer
    fishfryer
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I like your bike, but it, like mine are too busy. I bought my bike because its a Honda, not because of the goofy childish graphics. But it is strange how what I would tolerate on a bike is WAAAAAAAY different than I would on a car. Strange.

Profile photo of spdfrk
    spdfrk
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Juliet:

I actually like the white on the upper fairing. It makes the bike look much more aggressive and also ties the front “face” to the rest of the bike. Either way, that red/white/black theme is gorgeous.

Fishfryer:
    I like your bike, but it, like mine are too busy. I bought my bike because its a Honda, not because of the goofy childish graphics. But it is strange how what I would tolerate on a bike is WAAAAAAAY different than I would on a car. Strange.

You’d really like my color scheme then. :lol:

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I like the carbon fiber exhaust guard.

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Red Rim Tape +1
    White Seat Cowl +1

Carbon Fiber ?
    Tinted Windscreen = don’t like extra black piece on edge, without is better

Profile photo of kronkers
    kronkers
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Personally, I love the look of rear seat cowls. Practically they are slightly more aerodynamic but mostly its what they “say” about the machine: aggressive, sleek, stylised and for one person only. The embodiment of motorcycling no? Myself I’m struggling to find one for my 06 600re in yellow. If anyone cam help me find one that doesn’t cost the earth please let me know :)

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@kronkers Welcome to ridecbr, glad to have you. You might check with one of our fine sponsors and see if they would hook you up with one. And check out the Picture Game in the Members Clubhouse, @inkslingerxx would be glad to have some help with #Teamyellow.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

adam:
    Personally, I love the look of rear seat cowls. Practically they are slightly more aerodynamic but mostly its what they “say” about the machine: aggressive, sleek, stylised and for one person only. The embodiment of motorcycling no? Myself I’m struggling to find one for my 06 600re in yellow. If anyone cam help me find one that doesn’t cost the earth please let me know :)

@kronkers welcome like @thebearded1 said check out the pic games team yellow is going to be struggling to hold 2nd place soon lol I need your help.
    Also I will be getting a new set of fairings within the next couple of months and I have a solo seat now ill give you for cheap once I get them in. Its for an 07 though not sure if it will work for you.

Profile photo of kpru
    kpru
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I remember when I said I was going to leave mine stock, didn’t last long haha. The seat cowl and rim tape really do step up the look of the bike.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I’m still trying to decide if the red rim tape would look better against a black or red mudguard … I think it looks good against the black mudguard, if you don’t like carbon fibre what about just a gloss black mudguard?

Profile photo of shoichirohonda
    shoichirohonda
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Carbon fiber looks better than black, changing the front fender and the rear piece of shielding accents it nicely. Just have to look at things for a while before deciding, especially with things like a seat cowl where OEM color matching remains so important. It’s gotta be right or it will bug you eternally like a gnat flying into your eye sockets.

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I vote gloss black not a huge fan of cf

inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru
    Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I believe I’d go with gloss black too. I dont like the carbon look either.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

What would these look like in place of the plain red ones I’ve got? And with a black mudguard and rim tape…. :-?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Training Wheels

I like the white over the red panels. Then red rim tape. I also agree gloss black over cf. The white on the upper is a nice touch also. These kinds of mods make it yours and yours only.

Profile photo of juliet
    juliet
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

AndrewP:
    I like the white over the red panels. Then red rim tape. I also agree gloss black over cf. The white on the upper is a nice touch also. These kinds of mods make it yours and yours only.

I really am a stickler for OEM but I would really like to make the bike ‘mine’ in my own way, nothing fancy, just a few subtle and tasteful changes … I envision those white panels in place of my red and a gloss black mudguard as well as the rear seat cover. My mind is not made up about the white stickers on the upper fairing yet but I like the rim tape too. This way I can have a different and sweet looking bike but one that can be put back to OEM in a heartbeat if I wanted to … I wonder if anyone can paint those panels white on the modded RR so I can get an idea of how it will look with the black mudguard … what I’m seeing in my mind’s eye looks sweet but you can never be sure.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

i like it jules, i dig white bikes bigtime, that little panel change will make a big change IMO, i also like the black fender, i could do with or without the rim tape (just me) . the cool part is , non of these are permanent, all could be swaped back out in short time. cool find jules

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.